Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Where to find this book

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Where to find this book

Postby xmod » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Anyone know where I can buy a digital copy of the "Transformers: Identification And Price Guide" ?
In Canada of course.
I have searched and only found 1 site with a digital version, but upon adding to cart, it says the country im in does not allow me to purchase!?
Buying a hard copy of this book has become a farce, with a price tag of over 120.00$ CAN.

thanks in advance for any advice.

X
xmod

Re: Where to find this book

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 pm

This book is available in digital format? That's news to me.

I once found it at my local Barnes and Noble, but i didn't get it and only skimmed through it.

On which site did you find the digital version of this book?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby xmod » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:29 pm

http://www.powells.com/biblio/95-3330000444179-0

EDIT :How much was it when you saw it there?

EDIT2 :
This book is valuable now!
http://www.openisbn.com/price/0896894452/

Although any paperback price guides can get out of date, the book is amazing for identifying transformers and making sure they have all the parts to them.
xmod

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm

xmod wrote:http://www.powells.com/biblio/95-3330000444179-0

EDIT :How much was it when you saw it there?
Don't remember. It was years ago when I last saw it. :oops:

xmod wrote:EDIT2 :
This book is valuable now!
http://www.openisbn.com/price/0896894452/
Makes sense, given how old and helpful it is.

IMHO, you might want to consider going for the physical book instead of the eBook should it prove the more feasible option.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby xmod » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 am

There was a pocket size that was a little more affordable, but reading reviews let me conclude that it may not be as complete.

So... I did it! After a nifty 116.35$ CAN paypal transfer, the book is on its way.

Thanks for the feed.
xmod

Postby skywarp408 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Great book. I recommend it. The price guide is out dated though.
skywarp408

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Ya I got this one when it was out at the normal price, glad I did, I saw the pocket version several times but never picked it up as I had the full one already.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion