Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TF Armada comics

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

TF Armada comics

Postby Wing Saber » Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm

who knows where i can find Transformers Armada comics online? I just got a taste of them, (thanks to Sabrblade, introducing me to Linkage) and want to check out more
Wing Saber

Re: TF Armada comics

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Do you mean in general or the Dreamwave comics? If you mean the DW stuff, I think your out of luck and will have to buy the printings that IDW did a little while back. They're probably not too hard to find. I don't know of any other comics that DW's or Linkage.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 am

There is a difference between the Linkage and the other Armada comics.

The Linkage was a manga, a Japanese comic (though, the version I showed you was a translated-into-English version and not the actual Japanese version). Manga tends to be more widely available to read online, and as far as Armada/Micron Densetsu manga goes, The Linkage was the only manga that Armada/Micron Desetsu had.

American comics, on the other hand, are generally not posted online to be read for free. This is because there are laws and licenses that prohibit such viewings.

But, I can give the run-down of what Armada comics there are that exist.

First, Dreamwave published an 18 issue series that ignored the cartoon and went its own direction. Some fans prefer it over the cartoon due to its more mature and grandiose plot when compared to the cartoon's more kid-friendly appeal. The 18 issues were compiled into three volumes repectively called First Contact, Fortress, and Worlds Collide.

Second, Italian comic company Panini published its own Armada comic magazine in the United Kingdom, which ran for nine issues. Its story was also unique and followed neither the cartoon nor the Dreamwave Comics.

Third, there were four pack-in mini-comics that were included with assorted Armada toys. Each issue was a standalone and non-sequiter story that played no part in any other story (comic or cartoon regardless), and were only meant to advertise the more popular toys of the toyline wave that each comic was packaged in. Though, in a rather humorous move, the first of these four issues was rewritten by a fan into the (in)famous JaAm comic. :lol:

So, if you really wish to read any of these, your best bet is to find them in either your local comic book store, your local book store that carries comics, or purchase them online.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu May 06, 2010 8:10 am

sabrblade do you know if any of the linkage or other armarda comics or the beast wars comics are online as word documents because i use a speach softwair to read as i am blind and i can not find anywair compatabel
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm

I just discovered that 1-5 of the dreamwave comics is on Hasbro.com
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 07, 2010 12:59 am

lioconvoy wrote:sabrblade do you know if any of the linkage or other armarda comics or the beast wars comics are online as word documents because i use a speach softwair to read as i am blind and i can not find anywair compatabel
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any places (online or in real life) that provide comics for the sight-impaired. Sorry. :oops:

Wing Saber wrote:I just discovered that 1-5 of the dreamwave comics is on Hasbro.com
Was not aware of that.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri May 07, 2010 3:43 am

no wurrys. i am sure i can find it someware.
saves magnifying it and lusing resolution lol
lioconvoy

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion