Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Transformers Comics

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Favorite Transformers Comics

Postby TriPredRavage » Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 pm

So, this past (last) semester of mine of college, I had the wonderful experience of being an intern for Marvel Comics! During my time there, I got to thinking a lot about my favorite comic books, and now I want to know: what are your favorite Transformers comics? Here are mine, in no particular order:

Transformers: Beast Wars; the Gathering
Transformers: Cybertron; Balancing Act
Transformers: Timelines; Shattered Glass
G.I. Joe Vs. The Transformers III The Art of War
The Transformers (the original Marvel Comics series)

So what about you? What are your favorite TF Comics?
TriPredRavage

Re: Favorite Transformers Comics

Postby Mechabreaker » Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Last Stand of the Wreckers is God Tier.
Mechabreaker

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm actually kinda lacking severely in the TF comic department. There's a whole lot that I've never read. :oops:

I've read several TF manga though (my favorite being the 4-part Stargate Battles series).

From what I can remember, these are the only TF comics I've ever actually read:
  • Critical Mass - Ground Zero (via BotCon.com scans)
  • Reaching the Omega Point - Terminus (via BotCon.com scans)
  • The Wreckers issues 1-2 (via BotCon.com scans)
  • Primeval Dawn Part 1 (via BotCon.com scans)
  • The four Armada toy pack-in comics
  • The first of the four Energon toy pack-in comics
  • Shattered Expectations (via TFCC scans)
  • The Coming Storm Part 1 (via TFCC scans)
  • Two pages of The Coming Storm Part 2 (via TFCC scans)
  • Lil Formers
  • Transformers Movie Prequel
  • Transformers Movie Adaptation
  • Planetfall and Interlude
  • The Reign of Starscream issues 1-3
  • Transformers Animated: The Arrival TPB
  • Beast Wars Omnibus (The Gathering, The Ascending, Sourcebook)

That may seem like a lot, but it's not. There's so much more than that in existence. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 pm

haha the only tf comics i have read are Linkage
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Wing Saber wrote:haha the only tf comics i have read are Linkage
Actually, The Linkage is a manga (which is still technically a comic, but many like to differentiate the two :ugeek:). But yeah, I guess it would count in this case (seeing as it's the only TF comic - manga or not - that you've read ;)).

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 pm

mine are mostly newer ones. about anything from IDW. but the first transformers comics i ever read was the dreamwave energon comics/product guide mini comic that was packed with the figures, after that i started reading the g1 series by dreamwave and so far that is my favourite 8-) ...............well transformers bumblebee is somewhat fun to read for me :roll:
PORTER

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:34 am

I actually REALLY liked Dreamwave's Transformers: Energon. I wish IDW had followed in their footsteps a little bit more, as I liked how Dreamwave took the storylines of Armada and Energon and made them SO MUCH BETTER. I wanted to see a similar event with Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. But, alas, we got Beast Wars: The Ascending instead... T_T
TriPredRavage

Postby DocWho » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:37 am

I really liked Reign of Starscream. A lot.

Haven't read Last Stand, although I plan on it when the TPB comes out.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby PORTER » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 am

yea reign is cool

it would be cooler if i had dreadwing and payload

anyway im wanting to start on the spotlight,megatron orgin,all hail megatron,ironhide,and drift

seeing as how the action figures came out you can buy universe classics prowl and then buy spotlight:prowl
do they base the artwork on the toy? sunstreaker looks like my universe classics
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 am

My list has been updated to include such comics as Transformers Animated: The Arrival TPB, Beast Wars Omnibus (The Gathering, The Ascending, Sourcebook), and one that I had forgotten to list back when I first made the list: Shattered Expectations.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion