Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Transformers Comics

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Re: Favorite Transformers Comics

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 pm

I think I like G1 best, where Shockwave takes over the Decepticons from Megatron and where Circuit Breaker comes to life. Think it is Marvel G1 #5.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I think I like G1 best, where Shockwave takes over the Decepticons from Megatron and where Circuit Breaker comes to life. Think it is Marvel G1 #5.
Shockwave does take over in #5, but Josie Beller doesn't become Circuit Breaker until #9.

I'm currently rereading a TON of TF comics to better familiar myself with them. Thus far, I've read the Marvel U.S. G1 comics, the Marvel U.S. G2 comics, and a good portion of the Marvel UK G1 comics (still reading through those now). Out of all the ones I've read ,the Unicron/Matrix/Primus-centric issues of Marvel U.S. G1 have been my favorite (issues 56-80).

Though issue 75, "On the Edge of Extinction", was AMAZING!!!!!! It totally blows the 1986 G1 movie out of the water, completely besting it with an even more epic attack on Cybertron by Unicron. The comics show just how much of the terror in Unicron that that movies to capture that these comics fully succeed at.

In a way, it's kinda like how the final arc of Armada cartoon was done, but so much more amazing than. We really get a sense of Unicron's true nature, his godhood and being the absolute end of all hope for life. The battle that commences in this one issue, between the combined forces of the Autobots and Decepticons vs. Unicron, the way it's carried out and ultimately ends make this feel as though this battle was destined to happen, as though the defeat of Unicron by Primus' children was fulfilling a sacred unspoken prophecy of legend.

And Optimus Prime... Oh. My. Epic. GOODNESS! All I can say about Prime in this issue are five little (spoiler) words: Best! Optimus! Prime! Death! EVER!!!!!!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I think I like G1 best, where Shockwave takes over the Decepticons from Megatron and where Circuit Breaker comes to life. Think it is Marvel G1 #5.
Shockwave does take over in #5, but Josie Beller doesn't become Circuit Breaker until #9.

I'm currently rereading a TON of TF comics to better familiar myself with them. Thus far, I've read the Marvel U.S. G1 comics, the Marvel U.S. G2 comics, and a good portion of the Marvel UK G1 comics (still reading through those now). Out of all the ones I've read ,the Unicron/Matrix/Primus-centric issues of Marvel U.S. G1 have been my favorite (issues 56-80).

Though issue 75, "On the Edge of Extinction", was AMAZING!!!!!! It totally blows the 1986 G1 movie out of the water, completely besting it with an even more epic attack on Cybertron by Unicron. The comics show just how much of the terror in Unicron that that movies to capture that these comics fully succeed at.

In a way, it's kinda like how the final arc of Armada cartoon was done, but so much more amazing than. We really get a sense of Unicron's true nature, his godhood and being the absolute end of all hope for life. The battle that commences in this one issue, between the combined forces of the Autobots and Decepticons vs. Unicron, the way it's carried out and ultimately ends make this feel as though this battle was destined to happen, as though the defeat of Unicron by Primus' children was fulfilling a sacred unspoken prophecy of legend.

And Optimus Prime... Oh. My. Epic. GOODNESS! All I can say about Prime in this issue are five little (spoiler) words: Best! Optimus! Prime! Death! EVER!!!!!!

Since you have read the G1 comics you must have seen the part in #5 where megatron comes out to talk to the army and they fire at him for like an hour and he is unscathed at the end of the barrage. I must say I was hoping all the robots would be that way in the bayformers but they came up with that whole hot bullet thing :<. That is probably my favorite piece of this G1 comic, I've been looking to find some online archives of them or something but I can't and I want to catch up on the old comics but only have a few to read :<. Also I forgot circuit breaker doesn't come til later, this is just where she was injured in the crossfire between megatron and shockwave.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 pm

cyberwuss wrote:Since you have read the G1 comics you must have seen the part in #5 where megatron comes out to talk to the army and they fire at him for like an hour and he is unscathed at the end of the barrage. I must say I was hoping all the robots would be that way in the bayformers but they came up with that whole hot bullet thing :<. That is probably my favorite piece of this G1 comic,
To be honest, I don't like Megatron in the pre-issue 56 U.S. Marvel Comics. He's incompetent, easily overthrown, used as a tool by a petty thief, does not kill the thief, made a fool by the media, sees value in a human working with the Deceps for some ridiculously stupid plan, gets mood swings over Prime's death, goes insane thinking of Optimus, and overall just makes Shockwave look even better.

cyberwuss wrote:I've been looking to find some online archives of them or something but I can't and I want to catch up on the old comics but only have a few to read :<. Also I forgot circuit breaker doesn't come til later, this is just where she was injured in the crossfire between megatron and shockwave.
I wound up torrenting several of them to get the comics. What started as a hunt for just the Marvel U.S. and UK G1 and G2 comics ended up in me acquiring torrents of almost everything from Marvel, Blackthorne, 3H, Dreamwave, Fun Pub, IDW, fanfiction, manga, prior to summer 2010.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:Since you have read the G1 comics you must have seen the part in #5 where megatron comes out to talk to the army and they fire at him for like an hour and he is unscathed at the end of the barrage. I must say I was hoping all the robots would be that way in the bayformers but they came up with that whole hot bullet thing :<. That is probably my favorite piece of this G1 comic,
To be honest, I don't like Megatron in the pre-issue 56 U.S. Marvel Comics. He's incompetent, easily overthrown, used as a tool by a petty thief, does not kill the thief, made a fool by the media, sees value in a human working with the Deceps for some ridiculously stupid plan, gets mood swings over Prime's death, goes insane thinking of Optimus, and overall just makes Shockwave look even better.

cyberwuss wrote:I've been looking to find some online archives of them or something but I can't and I want to catch up on the old comics but only have a few to read :<. Also I forgot circuit breaker doesn't come til later, this is just where she was injured in the crossfire between megatron and shockwave.
I wound up torrenting several of them to get the comics. What started as a hunt for just the Marvel U.S. and UK G1 and G2 comics ended up in me acquiring torrents of almost everything from Marvel, Blackthorne, 3H, Dreamwave, Fun Pub, IDW, fanfiction, manga, prior to summer 2010.

My main point with the megatron vs army thing was that the TFs were invulnerable to the humans, unlike bayformers where humans can just shoot a hot bullet into their spark chamber :p. I also tried to torrent a few times but no one is ever seeding that I can find :<. I did however find this:

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/tf/books/

which might interest you if you don't already know about it. I own most of these books already but there are a few here I don't have.
cyberwuss

Postby starry* *night » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 pm

!!!!!
Attachments
transformers1.jpg
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Previous

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion