Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Where to pick back up reading the comics

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Where to pick back up reading the comics

Postby overhaul » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Hey folks, for those of you who are reading the IDW comics, I have a question:

A couple years ago I was reading the comics myself, but fell off collecting them.
I believe I was pretty up to date until after getting volume 5: Chaos Theory, the Ironhide series and Last Stand of the Wreckers.
Now I'd trying to figure out what's what.
I do know that Regeneration is a continuation of the 80's Marvel comic series by Simon Furman, so I'm ok with that (I'm actually hoping to add to my collection of Marvel books, so Regeneration is on my list to read eventually).
But after the mainline story of Chaos Theory, I see a few more volumes (like Police Action and Chaos), and then I'm seeing titles like "More than Meets the Eye" and "Robots in Disguise", and I'm not sure if those two are the same universe, or branching off into different continuities or what.
I'd like to keep up with the main storyline, and am not sure which I would follow.
Any help? Thanks.
overhaul

Re: Where to pick back up reading the comics

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

I found a list of every single issue of the IDW G1 continuity comics, in order of their release:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/User:Thunderweb

However, it only includes those issues belonging to the main IDW continuity and doesn't include any issues from other IDW TF series like "Hearts of Steel", Beast Wars, Transformers: The Animated Movie, TF Animated: The Arrival, Regeneration One, or any Movieverse comics.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Where to pick back up reading the comics

Postby m3gr1ml0ck » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 am

overhaul wrote:But after the mainline story of Chaos Theory, I see a few more volumes (like Police Action and Chaos), and then I'm seeing titles like "More than Meets the Eye" and "Robots in Disguise", and I'm not sure if those two are the same universe, or branching off into different continuities or what.
I'd like to keep up with the main storyline, and am not sure which I would follow.
Any help? Thanks.

They belong all to the same continuity: MTMTE and RiD are the main books of the current storyline. There are some Spotlight books as well that belongs to the same storyline.
m3gr1ml0ck

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion