Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus - topic thread

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus - topic thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 am

Discuss the new Covenant of Primus book here.

For starters, Amazon.com has a preview inside the book, which contains the very beginning of the book up through most of the first chapter, and the Afterword and credits at the end. TFormers put up a gallery of images taken from this preview, so those who are curious about at least the first chapter can check out the preview pages here -
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=21983&dispsize=&start=0&sl=transformers-the-covenant-of-primus
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=800&album=21983&start=20&sl=transformers-the-covenant-of-primus
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=800&album=21983&start=40&sl=transformers-the-covenant-of-primus
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus - topic thread

Postby Agent X » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 pm

So it was Liege Maximo's arm that Megatron took
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Yup.

Despite the colors and shapes not matching up.

And despite his fate contradicting that which was said in the Exiles and Retribution novels.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Page 63: Thirteen is referred to by his true name for the first time
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Ah, so you're currently reading it, eh?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Yes, I'm slowly getting though it. Just finished the Age of Evolution chapter.

This was the chapter that makes one feel for the Predaking. Form the moment he learned of pain due to Prime to the moment he fought Twinstrik and Laserback before their tragic end.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah, and it's interesting that the original Predacon that the present day Predaking was cloned from was also named Predaking. Makes having more than one toy of the guy feel kinda justified, especially since the original Predaking wasn't nearly as noble as his present day clone. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 am

I'm just barely started on it, and I will give a long post about it all then I'm finished (I intend to write the post in notepad as I go along in the book).

Though there is a little thing I want to say right away:

How did Prima survive that? Unicron chewed him!

Oh, and another:

I see that the story about how The One created Primus and Unicron takes a third turn. The first time Unicron accidentally created The One, and then The One created Primus. The second time The One first created Unicron, then divided him to create Primus. Now The One created them by dividing himself, making them The One. Interesting.
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:58 am

I think The One is dropped from this origin story altogether.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 am

Sabrblade wrote:I think The One is dropped from this origin story altogether.

I called him The One because he's described as an entity with no name, but existed prior to everyone else. And that he, by dividing himself, creates Unicron and Primus.

But it might not be him, which fits to what I've heard across the net (rumors only), that The One are being retconned out.
Unicron fan

Next

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion