Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TF Comics - Huh? (SOLVED)

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

TF Comics - Huh? (SOLVED)

Postby HolyGrail » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Ok, can someone give me a clear breakdown - continuity and chronologically - of what comics fit where??? I'm constantly baffled when I read say a Spotlight issue, or even the current on-going series. And the whole Escalation/Devestation/Sometion business does my head in. The movie stuff is clear enough cause it's its own continuity but I'm seeing way too much crossover and failing to make sense of it.

Is there a suggested read order somewhere that I'm missing? Can someone explain it to me in a nutshell? HELP! :lol:

Many thanks.

EDIT: Found what looks to be the complete IDW read order. For future reference:

Megatron Origin (1-4)
Spotlight: Blurr
Spotlight: Shockwave
Spotlight: Jazz (Is actually set during AHM, but the bulk of the story is a flashback to the war on Cybertron)
Spotlight: Cliffjumper*
Spotlight: Wheelie*
Spotlight Sixshot
Spotlight: Hot Rod
Spotlight: Soundwave (Set in 1984)
Spotlight: Ultra Magnus
Spotlight: Neatbeat
Infiltration (#0-6)
Stormbringer (#1-4)
Spotlight: Kup
Escalation (#1-6)
Spotlight: Ramjet*
Spotlight: Galvatron
Spotlight: Optimus Prime
Spotlight: Blaster
Spotlight: Arcee
Devastation (#1-6)
Spotlight: Mirage*
Spotlight: Grimlock
Revelation (Spotlights Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer, and Sideswipe - in that order)
Maximum Dinobots (#1-5)
All Hail Megatron #15 (Story A - the one about Kup)
Spotlight: Drift
All Hail Megatron #15 (Story B - the one about Perceptor)
All Hail Megatron (#1-14, 16)
Spotlight: Prowl
The Transformers (Ongoing) (#1-3)
Bumblebee Miniseries (#1-4)
Ironhide Miniseries (#1-4)
Last Stand of the Wreckers (#1-5)
The Transformers (Ongoing) (#4-13)

The Spotlights marked with * don't really need to be read in any order as they don't relate back to the existing continuity in any meaningful way (don't fit into any other story arc). The Ironhide mini has flashbacks to pre war Cybertron but it's largely set just after the first bit of Ongoing. The Ironhide mini and LSotW fits in between the third and fourth issues of Ongoing but can be read at any point as at this point they've been very self contained and not linked back to the story in Ongoing - however this is not the case with the Bumblebee mini which should be read between issue 3 and 4 of Ongoing.)
HolyGrail

Re: TF Comics - Huh? (SOLVED)

Postby iaconhub2005 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 am

This is very helpful as I've been just as confused. :? I've tried to put them in "reading order" in the past, but it just doesn't seem to work out.
iaconhub2005

Postby perceptor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I wish I could be more excited about IDW-verse comics.

I would like the ongoing series SO much more if the characters were drawn like toys; some toys, any toys that exist. I think they should scrap the current series again, and start all over, again!

Find someone who is a fan of previous TF stories and write within some TF continuity. A the vtery least make all the characters look like the Classics toys. Write in some Power Core combiners and create new fiction... That's what I'd like to see....
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:27 am

you frogot the Avengers crossover, which should be placed just before Spotlight Ramjet
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion