Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The Ongoing Mission

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

The Ongoing Mission

Postby Obsidian » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:32 am

With the release of ROTF behind us, and Hasbro's joint venture with Discovery networks, Transformers fans around the world are wondering what is next for their beloved franchise. On his blog RyallTime, Chris Ryall gives us a sneak peak at the new style IDW has up it's sleeve for the upcoming title "Transformers: The Ongoing Mission." With issue 1 hitting the comic book stores' shelves in November, one can't help but wonder if this new Movie/G1 hybrid look (brought to us by none other than Don Figueroa) is what we have in store for us by way of animated series as well. What do you think of IDW's new Ongoing Mission?
TF02.cvr_col.jpg

TFRID.cvr_col.jpg
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Re: The Ongoing Mission

Postby DocWho » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Hmm. Looks like they've got a few of the Classics toys updated, and whole new designs for Rodimus and a few others.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: The Ongoing Mission

Postby overhaul » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Nice!
Actually, looking over the covers for issue 1 and 2, I'm guessing the bot that central on cover 2 is... Rodimus Prime?!?!?! He's certainly got the right paint job, but looks different from Hot Rod from issue 1.
He's also got most of the right basic features (head crest, "wings", three silver protrusions on each arm, similar to the exhaust on Hot Rod/Rodimus's arms).
Does this mean that Hot Rod gains the Matrix? And that Optimus dies in this comic?
Or maybe Hot Rod simply gains the Matrix (remember, from All Hail Megatron, the Decepticons now have possession of the Matrix).
Now, with the new style, I'm wondering what Omega Supreme will look like... and the various combiners... and SixShot... and Metroplex... I could go on.
And I'm curious how the other artists who do pencils for IDW TF titles will react... will they be forced to try to match Don's new style or stick with their own?
overhaul

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion