Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

No FOC for PC?!?!?!?

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

No FOC for PC?!?!?!?

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Just saw the excuse post from high moon on seibertron.com news and it was the first I had heard that they are not doing a FOC for PC. I am deeply disappointed because all of the excuses were short of the mark. The only excuse that might have stood was "there are too many cheaters on PC multiplayer in WFC" and that would not have been enough to not go through with a PC release, since there are only about 3 cheaters out of 100 players. I prefer PC games over any other for 2 reasons. Reason 1 is that the original media you buy in this case a dvd doesn't wear out on PC if you have a backup system to play it on, reason 2 is that consoles are greatly "generational" ie once the console is off the market and your console dies you are screwed as far as playing the game without some kind of emulator. PC is better because of both of those things, the only things that makes PC worse is that some people dont have a PC good enough and PC specs vary widely or people just don't know how to use the computer well enough to run real non webgames on it anymore. Even if Windows FOC came without multiplayer I would buy it for PC. Guess now I'll have to buy xbox 360 copy and wait until PCs are fast enough to emulate current gen consoles :< I can see myself playing FOC in 15 years based on that, just because I hate consoles so deeply - wouldn't be so bad if they were much much more affordable for what they do, but a PC does so much more than a console ever will. So ya, until xbox 360 or ps3 is 50 bucks and then the game is only about 40, this is sad...

EDIT: on the generational consoles note I must mention I have PC games from early 1990s that I still can play because PCs last longer, what I don't have is a working and affordable NES/SNES that still gets games released on it and can still play older ones.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Re: No FOC for PC?!?!?!?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Yep. Heard about this way back during Game Informer's month-long coverage of the game. With this podcast.

They focused on delivering the highest quality experience as possible, which is in the console department. They wanted to support the PC community, but they weren't able to do so like they wanted to. They wish it were possible and are bummed about this, but at the same time it was a hard decision and they feel it was the right call.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Oh! That sucks. :x
Sometimes, though, don't companies release some games on PC after the initial console release? I'm hoping they do that with this game! :smile:

cyberwuss wrote:...Even if Windows FOC came without multiplayer I would buy it for PC...

Me too!

cyberwuss wrote:...Guess now I'll have to buy xbox 360 copy and wait until PCs are fast enough to emulate current gen consoles :< ...

You can do that?

cyberwuss wrote:EDIT: on the generational consoles note I must mention I have PC games from early 1990s that I still can play because PCs last longer, what I don't have is a working and affordable NES/SNES that still gets games released on it and can still play older ones...

You mean like this? Can't do anything as far as new releases are concerned, sorry. :lol:

It plays both NES and SNES games, comes with two controllers (SNES style) and plays Japanese import games.

$50 on ThinkGeek's 'site.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Oh! That sucks. :x
Sometimes, though, don't companies release some games on PC after the initial console release? I'm hoping they do that with this game! :smile:

cyberwuss wrote:...Even if Windows FOC came without multiplayer I would buy it for PC...

Me too!

cyberwuss wrote:...Guess now I'll have to buy xbox 360 copy and wait until PCs are fast enough to emulate current gen consoles :< ...

You can do that?

cyberwuss wrote:EDIT: on the generational consoles note I must mention I have PC games from early 1990s that I still can play because PCs last longer, what I don't have is a working and affordable NES/SNES that still gets games released on it and can still play older ones...

You mean like this? Can't do anything as far as new releases are concerned, sorry. :lol:

It plays both NES and SNES games, comes with two controllers (SNES style) and plays Japanese import games.

$50 on ThinkGeek's 'site.

The picture you posted is hardware emulator, affordable for older consoles, because of huge advances in electronics over the last 20 years or so, but not affordable if it was an Xbox 360 or PS3, when I mention a PC emulator of current gen consoles, I mean you stick dvd in windows computer and load a special program to play it that works like an Xbox or Playstation on your computer - the technology just isn't fast enough yet for affordable computers to be able to do that, but in 15 years or so it probably will be unless there is a nuclear apocalypse or something. You can already play SNES games and other systems on the PC, but it is considered software piracy unless you own the game in physical format too.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion