Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Question. Does this game have an opening video sequence that plays before the game menu appears like the first game had?

Uh.. not exactly... you play the bumblebee tutorial level then the opening credits play with a huge title sequence and all otherwise it goes straight to the menu from start up I will describe the opening titles in spoiler tags sec...

Goes dark for a sec after Bee jumps in front of Prime to protect him from Megatron's blast attack. Waits a few with music building then goes to huge FOC logo on black screen... fades off and gives an Optimus opening narration about how there is only one ship left to launch after Megatron's blockade, the Ark... shows Optimus talking to Ironhide getting reports from ongoing battles and stuff, mentions Grimlocks post isn't reporting (since he got caught by Shockwave by now) then a huge huge cannon blast from like a Trypticon sized gun flies in and blasts the shields around the Ark, starting Optimus Prime's level where he finds Metroplex. Overall the opening credit/title cutscene is awesome in my opinion, very well put together with cool theme music, Optimus narration, and camera angles and stuff that are all great.

Also, got in alot of gameplay as a pure sportscar/infiltrator class on team deathmatch for PC today, did like 20 matches over a few hours, so far have 100 kills 100 assist 130-140 deaths or so, got a few achievements and levels unlocked, currently about halfway to max level in the sportscar but only been playing as bumbebee sized class (infiltrator), got enough points and bought Dead End and Sideswipe's armor sets to go with Bumblebee and Breakdown's. So far I got 36 percent of the achievements unlocked and I haven't looked at my Teletraan 1 in game stats yet though, where it shows personal challenges, the 36 percent is steam achievements that dont show up on xbox and ps3 I believe the personal challenges from ingame Teletraan 1 do though.

EDIT: Also, the link to my steam stats for the game:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068947639/stats/TransformersFallofCybertron
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby DefCon13 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 am

I agree the Cutscenes are definitely epic and gameplay is very fluid with the keyboard AND the 360 controller on PC .The graphics and detail were improved ..For G1 and Transformers Prime fans it doesn't get much better...The sound effects of the Classic Laser gun had me using it exclusively for half of the game ...Also hats off to the background music ..It builds you up and compliments the action to near perfection. The game received high ratings and deserves them based on the Campaign alone ... One major thing left to be desired that was not present in WFC or FOC is a Co-Op campaign..I also would have liked to see all of the characters have G1 alternate skins and vehicle modes...Back to those cut scenes : If & when Michael Bay gives up on making the Movies I would be thrilled if the story writers from High Moon studios landed the gig and ran with it . The plot of this game exceeded my expectations while the game in general lived up to them in almost every way...On a 1 to 10 scale a 9.5 is not a far stretch regardless of my pro TF bias....
DefCon13

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 am

DefCon13 wrote:I agree the Cutscenes are definitely epic and gameplay is very fluid with the keyboard AND the 360 controller on PC .The graphics and detail were improved ..For G1 and Transformers Prime fans it doesn't get much better...The sound effects of the Classic Laser gun had me using it exclusively for half of the game ...Also hats off to the background music ..It builds you up and compliments the action to near perfection. The game received high ratings and deserves them based on the Campaign alone ... One major thing left to be desired that was not present in WFC or FOC is a Co-Op campaign..I also would have liked to see all of the characters have G1 alternate skins and vehicle modes...Back to those cut scenes : If & when Michael Bay gives up on making the Movies I would be thrilled if the story writers from High Moon studios landed the gig and ran with it . The plot of this game exceeded my expectations while the game in general lived up to them in almost every way...On a 1 to 10 scale a 9.5 is not a far stretch regardless of my pro TF bias....

Nice to see another PC player on here. Just a few notes, WFC does have coop, looked like you typod or something :p, it only has 3 player coop and it was hard to find a coop game on PC, but I played about 4 of them when there were still lots of players.

Also, one more thing... Have you been in multiplayer on FOC yet? Just curious as to who you are on there if you have. I am playeri in the game and zplayerslayer in the steam forums.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby hbarber1999 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

Sabrblade wrote:Question. Does this game have an opening video sequence that plays before the game menu appears like the first game had?

no but if you wait at the menu long enough the crossing the river teaser plays
hbarber1999

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Shockwave (To Grimmlock): "You didn't think I'd build something so powerful such as you and not have a way to control it?"

Me:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Shockwave (To Grimmlock): "You didn't think I'd build something so powerful such as you and not have a way to control it?"

Me:
He does if he has an Xbox controller, a PS3 controller, a PC controller, or a PC keyboard. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

LOL I like the photo.

I use a Microsoft wired 600 mouse and keyboard combo.

I saw some nice better for elderly keyboards at the store today, they have yellow keys with black letters on them.

I'm using my computer without my eyeglasses right now I'm pretty well trained in typing but when I go too fast I do occasionally typo or misspell things.

My vocabulary isn't perfect, since there are things I don't want to know or remember all the time.

Anyway, I have a Saitek gamepad that is very high quality, I have some older Gravis pads for ancient computers, like 386 days, and I have a Logitech from target I use right now, it works pretty well but it needs cleaning often.

As a gamer as far as FOC is concerned I am a lot better trained with keyboard and mouse than with anything else, so I usually stick to that but for other 2d games I do alright with a gamepad.

I'm thinking about programming mine for facebook games too.
cyberwuss

Postby Agent X » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Just powered through all of FoC.

Now I haw witnessed the death of Cybertron and day before it is to be reborn.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Agent X wrote:Just powered through all of FoC.

Now I haw witnessed the death of Cybertron and day before it is to be reborn.

The PC I play on has been having a bit of trouble lately, but I'm doing the longplay on normal skill right when they pop Megatron's head back on, then I'll do the hard skill next.
cyberwuss

Previous

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion