Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 am

As of today, the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video game has been released to U.S. retail for the PS3, Xbox 360, and the PC. Use this thread to discuss the game for now.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

What I want to know:
The Autobots had Ultra Magnus, Omega Supreme, The Dinobots, and Metroplex... How did they lose??
Wing Saber

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:46 pm

^ There's a joke in there somewhere! :grin: :lol:

Was watching X-Play today, they gave the game 4.5 stars out of 5. They also said the ending is pretty excellent.

...After asking for a PC version so much, is it wrong for me to wait on the purchase until I the price is reduced? :oops:
Kinda on a budget. :lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:^ There's a joke in there somewhere! :grin: :lol:

Was watching X-Play today, they gave the game 4.5 stars out of 5. They also said the ending is pretty excellent.

...After asking for a PC version so much, is it wrong for me to wait on the purchase until I the price is reduced? :oops:
Kinda on a budget. :lol:

Nah, it's cool to wait... I couldn't though, paid full price off amazon for PC version, steaming it now its about 10 percent, hopefully be done in the morning and have a little time to start the single player campaign... after I finish the entire single player and get most of the unlocking stuff I might go for some multiplayer! Guess it depends on how many people have the PC version by then though.

EDIT: I'll probably also be breaking out the "Complete hardest skill in FOC gameplay status" thread before long too... feel free to wish me luck even now, I might need it!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Tacticon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 am

I've finished the game (it was very long day and night..lol) and had this reaction ... :shock: I was so excited about the Cutscene.. It's like watching a movie.. There's no word to describe how awesome it is and how it tie so smooth with TF Prime, Exile and Exodus, and some G1... And THANK YOU THANK YOU for not making Grimlock the dumb character most of us were originally introduced at G1...

Going to play again... :D and looking forward to chat with ya on TF Prime and more on this game.. :D
Tacticon

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:05 am

"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 am

I'm about half way through the easy campaign, so far its amazing, Id say alot better than WFC. I don't want to spoil it, but there is some pretty funny stuff just in the first few levels. The plot is fairly epic from the start :>

EDIT: Also, I'm playing the PC version, the artwork and music are also amazing. Big thanks to High Moon and Mercenary Tech.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh, why must I be broke when Fall of Cybertron comes out?
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Just finished the easy campaign story mode... might hit up some multi if I can find enough other PC people to CTF or Team DM with. Anyway I did last mission as Optimus, since it lets you choose between him and Megatron, I will play Megatron later. I will be playing through the other skill levels soon. I've seen alot of people who didn't like Grimlock's level, I thought it was pretty good, most complained that it was just too much melee repeating, but you did have options of using enemies and objects as missiles so that balanced it out pretty well. The part with Grimlock being carried by Swoop was pretty entertaining, kind of like the space slug riding in the first one.
Both the Decepticons and Autobots really represented and brought it in this game, was fun all the way for me and I will be buying the next one if it gets made :p, especially since they might finally be getting to earth... who knows maybe the preorder/DLC bonus of G1 Optimus is artwork for the next game already in progress!!! (crossing fingers)
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Question. Does this game have an opening video sequence that plays before the game menu appears like the first game had?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion