Page 2 of 2

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm
by cyberwuss
Sabrblade wrote:Question. Does this game have an opening video sequence that plays before the game menu appears like the first game had?


Uh.. not exactly... you play the bumblebee tutorial level then the opening credits play with a huge title sequence and all otherwise it goes straight to the menu from start up I will describe the opening titles in spoiler tags sec...

Goes dark for a sec after Bee jumps in front of Prime to protect him from Megatron's blast attack. Waits a few with music building then goes to huge FOC logo on black screen... fades off and gives an Optimus opening narration about how there is only one ship left to launch after Megatron's blockade, the Ark... shows Optimus talking to Ironhide getting reports from ongoing battles and stuff, mentions Grimlocks post isn't reporting (since he got caught by Shockwave by now) then a huge huge cannon blast from like a Trypticon sized gun flies in and blasts the shields around the Ark, starting Optimus Prime's level where he finds Metroplex. Overall the opening credit/title cutscene is awesome in my opinion, very well put together with cool theme music, Optimus narration, and camera angles and stuff that are all great.

Also, got in alot of gameplay as a pure sportscar/infiltrator class on team deathmatch for PC today, did like 20 matches over a few hours, so far have 100 kills 100 assist 130-140 deaths or so, got a few achievements and levels unlocked, currently about halfway to max level in the sportscar but only been playing as bumbebee sized class (infiltrator), got enough points and bought Dead End and Sideswipe's armor sets to go with Bumblebee and Breakdown's. So far I got 36 percent of the achievements unlocked and I haven't looked at my Teletraan 1 in game stats yet though, where it shows personal challenges, the 36 percent is steam achievements that dont show up on xbox and ps3 I believe the personal challenges from ingame Teletraan 1 do though.

EDIT: Also, the link to my steam stats for the game:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068947639/stats/TransformersFallofCybertron

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 am
by DefCon13
I agree the Cutscenes are definitely epic and gameplay is very fluid with the keyboard AND the 360 controller on PC .The graphics and detail were improved ..For G1 and Transformers Prime fans it doesn't get much better...The sound effects of the Classic Laser gun had me using it exclusively for half of the game ...Also hats off to the background music ..It builds you up and compliments the action to near perfection. The game received high ratings and deserves them based on the Campaign alone ... One major thing left to be desired that was not present in WFC or FOC is a Co-Op campaign..I also would have liked to see all of the characters have G1 alternate skins and vehicle modes...Back to those cut scenes : If & when Michael Bay gives up on making the Movies I would be thrilled if the story writers from High Moon studios landed the gig and ran with it . The plot of this game exceeded my expectations while the game in general lived up to them in almost every way...On a 1 to 10 scale a 9.5 is not a far stretch regardless of my pro TF bias....

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:02 am
by cyberwuss
DefCon13 wrote:I agree the Cutscenes are definitely epic and gameplay is very fluid with the keyboard AND the 360 controller on PC .The graphics and detail were improved ..For G1 and Transformers Prime fans it doesn't get much better...The sound effects of the Classic Laser gun had me using it exclusively for half of the game ...Also hats off to the background music ..It builds you up and compliments the action to near perfection. The game received high ratings and deserves them based on the Campaign alone ... One major thing left to be desired that was not present in WFC or FOC is a Co-Op campaign..I also would have liked to see all of the characters have G1 alternate skins and vehicle modes...Back to those cut scenes : If & when Michael Bay gives up on making the Movies I would be thrilled if the story writers from High Moon studios landed the gig and ran with it . The plot of this game exceeded my expectations while the game in general lived up to them in almost every way...On a 1 to 10 scale a 9.5 is not a far stretch regardless of my pro TF bias....


Nice to see another PC player on here. Just a few notes, WFC does have coop, looked like you typod or something :p, it only has 3 player coop and it was hard to find a coop game on PC, but I played about 4 of them when there were still lots of players.

Also, one more thing... Have you been in multiplayer on FOC yet? Just curious as to who you are on there if you have. I am playeri in the game and zplayerslayer in the steam forums.

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am
by hbarber1999
Sabrblade wrote:Question. Does this game have an opening video sequence that plays before the game menu appears like the first game had?

no but if you wait at the menu long enough the crossing the river teaser plays

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 pm
by Wing Saber
Shockwave (To Grimmlock): "You didn't think I'd build something so powerful such as you and not have a way to control it?"

Me:
Image

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm
by Sabrblade
Wing Saber wrote:Shockwave (To Grimmlock): "You didn't think I'd build something so powerful such as you and not have a way to control it?"

Me:
Image
He does if he has an Xbox controller, a PS3 controller, a PC controller, or a PC keyboard. ;)

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm
by cyberwuss
LOL I like the photo.

I use a Microsoft wired 600 mouse and keyboard combo.

I saw some nice better for elderly keyboards at the store today, they have yellow keys with black letters on them.

I'm using my computer without my eyeglasses right now I'm pretty well trained in typing but when I go too fast I do occasionally typo or misspell things.

My vocabulary isn't perfect, since there are things I don't want to know or remember all the time.

Anyway, I have a Saitek gamepad that is very high quality, I have some older Gravis pads for ancient computers, like 386 days, and I have a Logitech from target I use right now, it works pretty well but it needs cleaning often.

As a gamer as far as FOC is concerned I am a lot better trained with keyboard and mouse than with anything else, so I usually stick to that but for other 2d games I do alright with a gamepad.

I'm thinking about programming mine for facebook games too.

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:44 pm
by Agent X
Just powered through all of FoC.

Now I haw witnessed the death of Cybertron and day before it is to be reborn.

Re: Official Fall of Cybertron Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 pm
by cyberwuss
Agent X wrote:Just powered through all of FoC.

Now I haw witnessed the death of Cybertron and day before it is to be reborn.


The PC I play on has been having a bit of trouble lately, but I'm doing the longplay on normal skill right when they pop Megatron's head back on, then I'll do the hard skill next.