Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Offical War For Cybertron Dicussion Thread

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Offical War For Cybertron Dicussion Thread

Postby DocWho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Not impressed so far, honestly. Maybe it's because I'm playing Megatron, and ammo is scarce, but I'm just not feeling it.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: Offical War For Cybertron Dicussion Thread

Postby HolyGrail » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:49 am

Hells yeah. I was pretty stoked at getting to take down Omega Supreme as part of the Con's campaign but the ending to the Autobots side had me in fits of nerd-gasms!

Finished it on easy and am gonna ramp up the difficulty and see how I go. I still think shooters are easier on a PC but thats my issue to deal with. :)

Playing as Prime you feel pretty much unbeatable with his abilities as a Leader class. By contrast had some GREAT fun sneaking around as Air Raid using invisibility cloak to get right up close and then BAM with a shotgun. Ehehehehe!
HolyGrail

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am

I want to play this game so freakin' bad! ARRRRRGH!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby PORTER » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 pm

same here.. :cry:
my stupid 360 broke and i could never get it fixed
i couldnt afford another one after it broke
actually i could but i wouldnt have some action figures either

one day im going online on xbox live.

I SWEAR IT!!!

halo,call of duty and war for cybertron im playing online first ;)
PORTER

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am

My only complaint is having to be on xbox live to play multiplayer, co op, or escalation.
Wing Saber

Postby DocWho » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Wing Saber wrote:My only complaint is having to be on xbox live to play multiplayer, co op, or escalation.

AKA, the reasons this game was made.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm

DocWho wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:My only complaint is having to be on xbox live to play multiplayer, co op, or escalation.

AKA, the reasons this game was made.

what I'm saying is they should have made it where oyur able to play local o your 360, system link, or x box live, not just x box live.
Wing Saber

Postby DocWho » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Wing Saber wrote:what I'm saying is they should have made it where oyur able to play local o your 360, system link, or x box live, not just x box live.

Yep. No couch co-op/splitscreen modes = fail. Hell, couch co-op was one of the reasons I got it for the PS3.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 am

I finally got around to watching the whole game, and I gotta say that the story was very cool. The Decepticon campaign was epic, especially how Megatron, Soundwave, and Brakedown went up againt Omega Supreme's rocket mode flying around firing at them from all directions, with them having to rely on whatever big guns they could find. That was just brutal! 8-)

Though, I didn't exactly enjoy the fight between Megatorn and Zeta Prime. In the book, Megatron and Sentinel Prime fought each other in close combat bot-to-bot. Here, Zeta relies on a hologram system and doesn't fight Megatron directly.

As for the Autobot campaign, you could really feel their struggle in the conflict, as they desperately tried to regain the upper hand in the war after having lost Zeta Prime, Omega Supreme, and the Core. Though, unlike the Decepticons' story, which flowed quite smoothly and consecutively, the Autobot story seemed to jump around and forward in places, skipping from one point in the story to the next by leaping ahead in time.

As for the characters themselves, the ones who I really liked the personalities of were Breakdown, Sideswipe, and Air Raid. Breakdown would question Megatron's recklessness and even doubt his sanity! And the interactions between Sideswipe and Air Raid duing the Kaon Prison break were hilarious! :lol:

And Trypticon! Oh, man! Was this guy just awesome! This may probably be the best Trypticon of them all. Unlike the dino-brained, wild animal that G1 Trypticon was, this new Trypticon was intelligent, crafty, a bit of a smart-mouth, and just downright scary and epic all at once! Even if it weren't able to transform, I'd SO want a large figure of him!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 am

So, now that we know a sequel is coming, how about we discuss what we want to see, new or improved features.

Personally, I would love for there to be bots. I think every game with a multiplayer component should have this feature. Multiplayer is so much more fun without players constantly screaming insults at you, or just doing undesirable things in general. I didn't realize how much fun playing with bots can be until I tried in in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It's even more fun with friends. That's probably at the top of my want list for WFC 2.
Mechabreaker

Next

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion