Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Offical War For Cybertron Dicussion Thread

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Re: Offical War For Cybertron Dicussion Thread

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:57 pm

If anyone has PC version, I don't go online often, but my tag is sliderx. Was playing last night against two guys currently in the global top ten tags PHANTASM and junte112. PC version only has about 40 players online at a time right now so usually everyone fits into just a few games. My main character, a leader is now level 6, hopefully I can get him to 7 soon but I still have to complete some single player challenges I want to do before I get too deep into that.
cyberwuss

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 am

I think I'm getting this game. All the stuff you guys have been talking about sounds great! I was going to get the first Halo, I'll probably hold off on that now. Well, I'll probably get a USB controller first.

Sounds pretty groovy, though.

I have a question for the pc-ers out there: Can all pc games be programmed for a USB controller? I'm planning on getting the X-Box 360 one, if that changes anything. I think I heard that not all games are able to be programmed for USB's. Can someone clear this for me?

Sabrblade wrote:I want a plot that doesn't interfere with the established plots of the first game and the Prime cartoon.

How would it interfere with what's going on in Prime? Aren't most of the cartoons all in their own universes?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I want a plot that doesn't interfere with the established plots of the first game and the Prime cartoon.

How would it interfere with what's going on in Prime? Aren't most of the cartoons all in their own universes?
The War for Cybertorn game, the Exodus novel and the Prime cartoon are in the same Aligned continuity family. Last night's episode of Prime spoke of and even showed things directly lifted from both the game and the book.

For example, the Core of Cybertron in the show is the same one from the game.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Holy crap! Gotta get this game, now.
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Holy crap! Gotta get this game, now.
And the book. The sequel just came out today.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:06 am

Yeah, I know! I'm on a TF rush right now, G1 and Prime are what's coursing through my veins like dark energon! :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:30 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:G1 and Prime are what's coursing through my veins like dark energon! :lol:

Psht, Cybertron and Beast Wars are where it's at!
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:41 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:I think I'm getting this game. All the stuff you guys have been talking about sounds great! I was going to get the first Halo, I'll probably hold off on that now. Well, I'll probably get a USB controller first.

Sounds pretty groovy, though.

I have a question for the pc-ers out there: Can all pc games be programmed for a USB controller? I'm planning on getting the X-Box 360 one, if that changes anything. I think I heard that not all games are able to be programmed for USB's. Can someone clear this for me?

The controller question depends on several factors. Operating system, controller, and game. The 360 controller should work out of the box with preset controls for most new games, including WFC. For older games you might have to get what is called a "profiler" for your gamepad, I think there are some 3rd party ones for 360 controllers, most other brands that aren't for consoles come with them on a disc or the company website. A profiler lets you program your controller so that it can move the mouse or hit keyboard buttons when you use the gamepad, so that even if you are playing a very old game or one that isn't designed to use a gamepad, you can trick it into thinking you are on the keyboard. Also, make sure your PC is good enough to play, the back of the WFC box should tell you recommended specs. I knew beforehand I coulnd't play on my PC but also knew I could play on my parents' computer, so went ahead and snagged it.
cyberwuss

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks, brotha'!

I'm actually looking at one of the adapters they sell, the kind that lets you plug in your favorite video game controller and play on the pc?

Can what you said above be applied to these adaptors? It'd be cheaper for me to get it since I already have a Gamecube controller.

I bought a controller maybe over a year ago. I haven't gotten around to using it because I want one that rumbles. It wasn't very expensive, it came with software...but soon after I got it I read the software it comes with has a virus on it. So...I'm window shopping now. Ha!

Any help on the question would be appreciated. I'm not really a tech-dude, I don't know much on these things. :oops: :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Thanks, brotha'!

I'm actually looking at one of the adapters they sell, the kind that lets you plug in your favorite video game controller and play on the pc?

Can what you said above be applied to these adaptors? It'd be cheaper for me to get it since I already have a Gamecube controller.

I bought a controller maybe over a year ago. I haven't gotten around to using it because I want one that rumbles. It wasn't very expensive, it came with software...but soon after I got it I read the software it comes with has a virus on it. So...I'm window shopping now. Ha!

Any help on the question would be appreciated. I'm not really a tech-dude, I don't know much on these things. :oops: :lol:

You would probably be better off buying a new gamepad. Logitech is sometimes decent, but can be pricey, I have heard good things about Nyko Airflo and I also know Saitek is good, but they are into other types of controllers more right now and really only sell one current model, that looks sort of like a black xbox controller and has less buttons than the logitech ones. Whatever you get make sure it has enough buttons and profile / programming software. If it was me I'd go with the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Rumble-G ... 344&sr=8-1

if you are against logitech as some people are who have experienced their cheaper models of mice/keyboards/game controllers (I'm talking very cheap like under 10 dollar mice, etc) then saitek cyborg rumblepad might be better, though it has less buttons, and is usually cheaper to buy/on sale more. My top choice would be the amazon link above though. I own 3 gamepads for PC, one is an old old gravis style gamepad that takes a soundcard gamepad/midi port instead of USB, the other two are both USB one is an older model of Saitek than the current cyborg rumble, and the other is a cheaper logitech dual action. I play the logitech on wfc ok with progamming in the profiler, but you'd probably be better off with the F510 above instead of the rather cheap and known to be somewhat low quality standard dual action. The price difference is about 20 bucks but it is probably worth that much more. If you were gaming on linux or something Id go with the adapter, but since the profile software for windows would be like 25 dollars, (the best one is called pinnacle profiler) and the adapter is over 10, you can easily get a gamepad that comes with its own programming stuff for less. (Linux has free stuff to program gamepads, but wfc probly wouldnt run very well under that especially because of SecuROM.)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion