Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers: Devastation

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Transformers: Devastation

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:31 pm

I think it looks great so far from the stuff they've shown online. Toon shaded, G1 theme, and seems to be kind of a fighter/brawler like Transformers: Prime on Nintendo but with more serious fighting elements.

Hyped for this one for early October, hoping they have a CD/DVD release on PC!

http://www.transformersgame.com

The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Re: Transformers: Devastation

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Anyone played this yet? Is it worth the $50?
Wing Saber

Re: Transformers: Devastation

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 pm

To me it has been, I have it on steam for PC. Really depends on how big of a fan you are of G1 I guess, although there are alot of small easter eggs from other Transformers series, it is very G1 focused with a few easter eggs thrown in from Combiner Wars.

There is no multiplayer mode, and on higher skill levels you REALLY get your moneys worth because the single player fights get alot more challenging especially once you unlock Magnus and Prime modes.

Instead of multiplayer there is a sort of challenge/practice mode where you can do instant action fights outside of the main story.

It has some RPG style elements like stat training to improve max health, attack power, speed, and such, and also to improve weapons and get items in RPG style.

Outside of those few RPG elements it is very action packed though, being described as many to be similar to Bayonetta and it is put in the genre of "spectacle fighter" like you would expect from a Dragon Ball Z game or something along those lines.

So overall it really depends on how much of a gamer and TF fan you are for the moneysworth. Not sure if it is worth 50 bucks to you personally, but it was worth it for me, and I'm still playing through Magnus levels.

The only real disappointment I had was that alot of the areas are somewhat reused, other than that I've had a blast with it, and I've mainly been playing as Optimus and Bumblebee, I still have to go back and play through as the other bots.

Some of the neater easter eggs are enemies that have powers from certain shows:

Starscream has nullrays and scatterbombs.
Blitzwing has his fire and ice stuff from Animated.
Many weapons appear from different shows, the star saber and dark star saber from Prime are in there, and they throw energy blasts like the show.
Soundwave uses his minicons, ravage, rumble, laserbeak in boss battles.
There are a ton of hidden secrets that unlock artwork, some of them are secret letters you have to explore heavily to reach, others are shootable decepticon logos and spy drones.
You also catch Kremzeek once in a while for artwork stuff and there are disks you pick up similar to the FOC tapes that play backstory info.

Like I said, for me it was worth it, and I haven't even finished the entirety of the game yet as far as skill levels and training up all the bots.

The other aspect is gambling for powers, there is a minigame that lets you play for a chance at powerup chips similar to what Megatron gets from other Cons in Heavy Metal War G1 episode to power himself up. One of the more interesting ones I've found is a hover ability that lets you jump longer distances. There are pretty useful ones too that autoblock or dodge for you.

Id say if you can't make up your mind completely, watch a bit of it on youtube to decide, there are plenty of videos on it out there already.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion