Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Spacebridge error

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Spacebridge error

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:00 pm

So this weekend I decided to have a Transformers Movie marathon. It was the first time I watched the first two since seeing DOTM, and I noticed something. You remember how Sentinel supposedly invented spacebridges and was the only one who could use them? well, In ROTF, what did Jetfire use to get everyone to the desert? A spacebridge.
Wing Saber

Re: Spacebridge error

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:44 pm

you could still argue that jetfire actualy used a ground bridge
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 pm

ironrod prime wrote:you could still argue that jetfire actualy used a ground bridge

He calls the spacebridge by name
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 pm

yes but may a remind you that jetfire was a senile old bot who would forget his own name if it wasnt written on his wing
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:36 am

ironrod prime wrote:you could still argue that jetfire actualy used a ground bridge
The term "GroundBridge" was conceived until 2011. ROTF came out in 2009.

However, there is an explanation for all this confusion, and we have the IDW movie comics to thank for this.

In the early days, the Dynasty of Primes had the ability to use Space Bridges as a naturally built in function. Their airborne servants, the Seekers (which Jetfire belonged to) also had the Space Bridge ability built into them. But, due to the excessive rate of failure when put into later Cybertronian models, it was discontinued, leaving later Cybertronians as normal beings without any self-teleporting powers.

Thousands of years later, after the fall of the Prime Dynasty, Sentinel Prime recreated the Space Bridge technology via the pillars, which could replicate the previous teleportation ability in an artificial way.

So, what Jetfire (and The Fallen) used in ROTF was the original Space Bridge ability, while Sentinel's Pillars were the first successful means at mimicking it in an unnatural way.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

so it went from being a natural ability to a lab expirament

clearly evolution skipped a step
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 am

ironrod prime wrote:so it went from being a natural ability to a lab expirament

clearly evolution skipped a step
Well, it had become too dangerous for later Cybertronians to have the ability built into them, as it kept failing on them and resulted in catastrophe. So, it was dropped for the safety of their race. Sentinel just invented a safer way to use it.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby mightwork » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:38 am

I was actually watching DOTM with one of my friends today and we came to think that Sentinel said he alone could operate the space bridge but when the control pillar is knocked off the building Dylan reactivates it.

I argued that maybe it was on standby, or anyone could turn it on but only Sentinel could operate it
mightwork

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 pm

i still say jetfire used a ground bridge

yes i know the term wasnt invent untill this year but that doesnt mean the technology didnt exist
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:54 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i still say jetfire used a ground bridge

yes i know the term wasnt invent untill this year but that doesnt mean the technology didnt exist
Technically a GroundBridge is a Space Bridge. Just one given a fancy name. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion