Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

alternity

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: alternity

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 pm

lioconvoy wrote:i like your thinking with cheetor, tigatron etc.
perhaps laserbeek and could be airraiser
I'd see Laserbeak being redecoed as Buzzsaw (obviously) and either as Garboil or Sundor.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 am

so what alternity caricters do you like then? mold or caricterisation.

mine are black convoy and convoy (mold wise i love it)
megatron (silver) such a good looking mold and one of the most dangerous megatrons around
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 pm

lioconvoy wrote:so what alternity caricters do you like then? mold or caricterisation.

mine are black convoy and convoy (mold wise i love it)
megatron (silver) such a good looking mold and one of the most dangerous megatrons around
Frankly, I own none of the Alternity figures, so I can't fully judge the mwihtout actually "playing" with one.

As for the story characters, well... it's no one new. It's all the G1 characters plus Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime. And what we've seen of these guys in the Alternity story itself isn't much. So... yeah. ^_^'

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:16 am

if you get the chance i strongly recommend picking the figures up. in my oppinion they are vastly superior to the movie lines and they have grate play value as well as display value. i've just wanted mor since i grabbed myself convoy silver
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 pm

I'd like the have one/some, if only they weren't so expensive.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 pm

i'll say they are on the expensive side but if you look around on ebay you could find a few quite cheep.

i imported convoy silver from america for $50 including p and p and my black convoy for $40 from china.
i was quite lucky to have found them to be honest.
from what i've seen bbts is the best place to look for a stable price
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm

lioconvoy wrote:i'll say they are on the expensive side but if you look around on ebay you could find a few quite cheep.

i imported convoy silver from america for $50 including p and p and my black convoy for $40 from china.
i was quite lucky to have found them to be honest.
from what i've seen bbts is the best place to look for a stable price
I don't like eBay. And $40-$50 bucks is too much for a Deluxe. Even a pretty Deluxe.

If Hasbro would sell these babies domestically, and for about $20 bucks or less, then I'd consider getting them.

But as of now, these are too rich for my blood.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:11 pm

i agree that the alternity could be cheeper.
i mean the alternaters were only £19 witch is about $15 so why couldn't alternity be in that price range.
it would make them mor accessable to the populus.
i only have my two convoys like i say and it took a lot of saving to get them.
with bills and shopping and things such as that its not often that i can get a tf like alternity.
but i'm gunna keep my chin up and fingers crossed that i will find them cheeper lol
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 am

i've just picked up an alternity starscream and i am quite impressed.
it's a beautiful figure. he is grater than i thaut.
he has grown on me and now i have him i see what you mean sabrblade about the car sooting screamer.
the 4 eyes is a little odd but its interesting.

back on to your tripple mold uses i was rite about the obligitory magnus repaint from convoy and black convoy.

i'm shocked there hasn't been a slight redeco in to ginrai to be honest.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:50 am

lioconvoy wrote:back on to your tripple mold uses i was rite about the obligitory magnus repaint from convoy and black convoy.
Actually, the Ultra Magnus redeco surprised me a bit since the Convoy mold already ben used three times (Ultimate Silver, Vibrant Red, and Super Black).

Then again, it was done by e-Hobby, who doesn't always play by the rules, so I guess it should't matter.

lioconvoy wrote:i'm shocked there hasn't been a slight redeco in to ginrai to be honest.
Well, back before the Alternators Optimus Prime mold was brought into either the Kiss Players or Binaltech lines, it was rumored to be used as a "Binaltech Ginrai" figure, but instead to be used for Binaltech Black Convoy, Kiss Players Convoy, and finally Binaltech Convoy.

But as for Ginrai getting an Alternity figure, I'd say that he definitely deserves it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion