Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Star Wars is the best series ever!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm

That reminds me,
Wing Saber wrote:Oh, and it contradicted several already established facts. Here are some examples:
1)It was established in AotC that the clones do not have individual personalities. This show completely destroys that
The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.

Wing Saber wrote:2)In order to have an apprentice, you must be a Jedi Master, right? Well, In RotS, Anakin wants to be made a master. so, if he's not a master in the clone wars, how does he have an apprentice?
Jedi Knights can have Padawan apprentices too. Obi-Wan was appointed the rank of Knight by Yoda at the end of The Phantom Menace when he made Anakin his Padawan. And Anakin becomes a Knight before he gets Ahsoka. The Clone Wars CGI series takes place in the middle of the first Clone Wars cartoon series that was 2D animated, in which we see Anakin get named a Knight by Yoda.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.

Sabrblade wrote:Jedi Knights can have Padawan apprentices too. Obi-Wan was appointed the rank of Knight by Yoda at the end of The Phantom Menace when he made Anakin his Padawan. And Anakin becomes a Knight before he gets Ahsoka. The Clone Wars CGI series takes place in the middle of the first Clone Wars cartoon series that was 2D animated, in which we see Anakin get named a Knight by Yoda.

Yeah, I'm realizing I was wrong on this one, my bad fellas!

Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to buy the movie and all previous seasons and get back into the show!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.

Okay, well Cody still appeared as an individualized Commander in Revenge of the Sith, which was released before the Clone Wars CGI TV series. Plus they said "less independent", not "without any independence". One can have a personality of their own and still be a loyal and obedient rank-and-file soldier. And the ARC Troopers were specially made to for leadership positions and thus had greater independence (but not total independence) given to them. The AotC movie didn't go into the ARC Troopers, so it was left to the Expanded Universe to explore them.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Wing Saber wrote:...Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to buy the movie and all previous seasons and get back into the show!

Cool beans!

I'm still trying to get my hands on the first 2 vols. of the 2-D animated one.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 am

the best sum up of the phantom mennace ever

ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Ha! That was very cool to hear on this Sunday, thanks!

:D
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Check this guy out!
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Isn't this poster cool?!?

[EDIT:] This too: