Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Kindle Fire Question?

Non-TF related Conversations

Kindle Fire Question?

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Does anyone out there own one of the tech. tablets...specifically the Kindle Fire? I have some questions about certain apps or programs or whatcha'-call-it.

Can anyone shed some light?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: Kindle Fire Question?

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:55 pm

I've got the normal kindle and it just reads stuff or shows pictures in black and white. My understanding is that Kindle Fire is more like an iPad, depending on what you want to know I might be able to help you find what you are looking for.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 am

My main question is if it's wi-fi exclusive or you can plug it into a dsl line.

My other question has to do with video games. Do you know what kind of games are available? Can a usb controller be plugged into it?

I'm not rushing out to get one or anything, just kind of been considering it and wanted to get a little bit of info. on it.

I was actually thinking of saving up for the newest ipad, but after seeing the massive price difference between the two... :lol: Kindle is the way to go, I think.
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 pm

With Kindle Fire, you are stuck with wireless connection and the stuff you get for it is usually from Amazon App store as far as games and stuff. The gamepad wouldn't connect as the USB is for using the kindle itself like a flash drive connecting it to a regular computer and offloading files and stuff from there. You can download text/kindle/pdf files and put them on the kindle through the usb port, but that is all it does it doesn't use usb devices like mice, keyboards, and gamepads.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Ok, thanks. I'm not looking to upgrade to wireless anytime soon...boo. :lol:
CYLON (13)

Return to Open Forum