Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers: "Armada?"

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Transformers: "Armada?"

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:53 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:lets not forget the soundwave toys from animated
Erm, those were toys, not Transformers. I'm talking actual Transformers. ;)

still qualifies as an armada though
Note that I also said "from the initial planning stages". Those Sound Wave toys did not come about until season 3. Initial production of the Animated cartoon only went as far as season 2.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 am

but were they an armada yes or no
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 am

ironrod prime wrote:but were they an armada yes or no
Not of Transformers. Any non-Transformer army does not matter in this discussion, as they aren't the focus of the various series. Otherwise I would have mentioned the various alien races or organic lifeforms seen in other series.

And they were part of the initial planning stages, as I said:
Sabrblade wrote:The only cartoon series to have what could truly be called an armada/army/fleet/etc. from the initial planning stages...

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

ok what about the scrapmetals
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:15 pm

My best guesses would be either:
A) Hasbro had something else planned for the end of the show since the beginning
or
B) Armada is in reference to the Minicons
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok what about the scrapmetals
The were developed a little later. Would have counted Cybertron for this if the Scrapmetals had come along much earlier in the series. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:My best guesses would be either:
A) Hasbro had something else planned for the end of the show since the beginning
That's a very good possibility. Since Unicron's inclusion came about at a much later stage in the planning, I do wonder what Hasbro and Takara* originally had in mind for where this series would go before it was decided to shift to a Unicron plot.

* -- I say both since this series was a joint venture between the two and the first time both companies actually worked on a TF series together in near unison. 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion