Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Disappointment

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Disappointment

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:01 pm

blukis wrote:But the Unicron trilogy was some 155 (?) episodes in total, where Animated was 42.

thats because its the unicron TRILOGY. thats three series. each was 52, except Energon, which was 51
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
blukis wrote:But the Unicron trilogy was some 155 (?) episodes in total, where Animated was 42.

thats because its the unicron TRILOGY. thats three series. each was 52, except Energon, which was 51
Energon was still 52. Episode 33, "Return! Our MegaZarak" may have been unaired in English, but it still exists and would have used the name "Scorponok's Scars" for its English title.

Then again, there's also the matter of episode 43 "Distribution", whic hwas not aired as an actual episode in Super Link but instead as a TV special titled "A Must See! The Greatest Dream Match: Extra Episode with a Different Airtime". If one does not count this as an episode, then yes, Energon/super Link would be only 51 episodes long.

And even if the Unicron Trilogy was three series long while Animated was only one series long, both of them were still three seasons long each.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Armada is my fav. you got all those awesome characters like Starscream, Sideways, Megatron/Galvatron, Hot Shot, Blurr, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, Scavenger, Cyclonus, and Unicron!

oops i forgot some of the awesome ones! I forgot O.P. of course, Nemisis Prime, and Wheeljack!!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Armada is my fav. you got all those awesome characters like Starscream, Sideways, Megatron/Galvatron, Hot Shot, Blurr, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, Scavenger, Cyclonus, and Unicron!

oops i forgot some of the awesome ones! I forgot O.P. of course, Nemisis Prime, and Wheeljack!!
Wheeljack was cool... at first. It seemed like he wanted to murder Hot Shot in his debut, but later he acted like Hot Shot's buddy during the Unicron Battles. And there were moments during this time where it looked like he rejoined the Autobots, only to be back with the Decepticons shortly after. Can't he just make up his mind!

And Nemesis was cool to an extent. Being nothing more than a puppet with no personality other than "MUST KILL EVERYONE!!!", his one episode appearance was enjoyable enough. Had he stuck around longer, his coolness would have declined because he likely would have sunk down to the level of comedy relief, as is tradition for characters like him in anime. Let's face it, he's no Scourge. (or at least, in the U.S. he's no Scourge. In Japan, his name was "Scourge", but the real Scourge was known as "Black Convoy" there). :roll:

Though, I do kinda wish we could have seen Nemesis during his earlier days when he had the Doomstone, before losing it to Ravenus.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

Wheeljack was cool... at first. It seemed like he wanted to murder Hot Shot in his debut, but later he acted like Hot Shot's buddy during the Unicron Battles. And there were moments during this time where it looked like he rejoined the Autobots, only to be back with the Decepticons shortly after. Can't he just make up his mind!

And Nemesis was cool to an extent. Being nothing more than a puppet with no personality other than "MUST KILL EVERYONE!!!", his one episode appearance was enjoyable enough. Had he stuck around longer, his coolness would have declined because he likely would have sunk down to the level of comedy relief, as is tradition for characters like him in anime. Let's face it, he's no Scourge. (or at least, in the U.S. he's no Scourge. In Japan, his name was "Scourge", but the real Scourge was known as "Black Convoy" there). :roll:

Though, I do kinda wish we could have seen Nemesis during his earlier days when he had the Doomstone, before losing it to Ravenus.

doomstone? Ravenus?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 am

Wing Saber wrote:doomstone? Ravenus?
I figured that would catch your attention. ;)

The Doomstone was kinda like Nemesis Prime's answer to Optimus's Matrix. It was a crystal that used to be stored inside his chest, as he went around destroying planets. But, it was later transferred into Ravenus. Ravenus was an Autobot who had become addicted to the Powerlinx energy of Mini-Cons, and had been captured, mutated, and warped into another minion of Unicron.

The Doomstone's dark energies were used to force Mini-Cons to Powerlinx with larger transformers that served Unicron (in this case, Ravenus), in a plan to release its energies into the Linkage. The Linkage is like the Mini-Cons' equivalent of the Allspark/Matrix from Beast Machines. It is a dimension formed by minds and souls of all Mini-Cons who are free from Unicron's control. But once the Doomstone's energies were to make contact with it, all free Mini-Con's would have their minds destroyed and return them to being zombified, destructive, minions of Unicron.

Fortunately, Ravenus was cured and the Doomstone removed from his body. He later joined the free Mini-Cons, who were now empowered by the Master Key, in the battle against Unicron and his evil Mini-Cons.

All these events took place within the manga (Japanese comic) that accompanied the Armada/Micron Densetsu cartoon, which was also called "Linkage". It answers a lot questions the show didn't answer (like, why all the Mini-Cons start glowing green and power up near the beginning of the Unicron battles, and why Scavenger's Mini-Con, Rollbar, was barely ever seen).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

First and foremost:
Sabrblade wrote:But despite my preference of Animated over A/E/C, nothing can (and has yet to) top the awesomeness that is Beast Wars!

FACT!!

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I'd be the first to admit that I thought the third season of Animated was disappointing. But only the third season. Seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic, but when they got approved for season 3, it was like instead of developing new plot lines, they just undid everything that was accomplished at the end of season 2.

Ex: Instead of making a new bad guy, let's just bring back Megatron and everybody who was completely and utterly defeated at the end of season 2!

They could have at least made him Galvatron. Season 3 also left some things untied. Such as, what is the deal with Black Arachnia and Waspinator? Where are they? What were Waspinator's plans? etc... I know that the line was a reference to Waspinator's line in Beast Wars, but it created a loose end and they should have tied it off.

It's been way too long since I watched season 3 to remember all of the other loose ends. I seem to remember Sabr and I having numerous debates about it back in the day. :lol:

Anyway, TF:Animated seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic, and if they could have kept it going, they may have been able to make a better series than Beast Wars. But, they dropped the ball with some of the decisions they made in season 3, and thus ended up giving us the second best Transformers series of all time.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:I'd be the first to admit that I thought the third season of Animated was disappointing. But only the third season. Seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic, but when they got approved for season 3, it was like instead of developing new plot lines, they just undid everything that was accomplished at the end of season 2.

Ex: Instead of making a new bad guy, let's just bring back Megatron and everybody who was completely and utterly defeated at the end of season 2!

They could have at least made him Galvatron. Season 3 also left some things untied. Such as, what is the deal with Black Arachnia and Waspinator? Where are they? What were Waspinator's plans? etc... I know that the line was a reference to Waspinator's line in Beast Wars, but it created a loose end and they should have tied it off.

It's been way too long since I watched season 3 to remember all of the other loose ends. I seem to remember Sabr and I having numerous debates about it back in the day. :lol:

Anyway, TF:Animated seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic, and if they could have kept it going, they may have been able to make a better series than Beast Wars. But, they dropped the ball with some of the decisions they made in season 3, and thus ended up giving us the second best Transformers series of all time.
I think I remember those too. :lol:

But, about all the loose ends left by Animated, I'd say that many or most fo those will be covered in the upcoming AllSpark Almanac 2 book. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:doomstone? Ravenus?
I figured that would catch your attention. ;)

The Doomstone was kinda like Nemesis Prime's answer to Optimus's Matrix. It was a crystal that used to be stored inside his chest, as he went around destroying planets. But, it was later transferred into Ravenus. Ravenus was an Autobot who had become addicted to the Powerlinx energy of Mini-Cons, and had been captured, mutated, and warped into another minion of Unicron.

The Doomstone's dark energies were used to force Mini-Cons to Powerlinx with larger transformers that served Unicron (in this case, Ravenus), in a plan to release its energies into the Linkage. The Linkage is like the Mini-Cons' equivalent of the Allspark/Matrix from Beast Machines. It is a dimension formed by minds and souls of all Mini-Cons who are free from Unicron's control. But once the Doomstone's energies were to make contact with it, all free Mini-Con's would have their minds destroyed and return them to being zombified, destructive, minions of Unicron.

Fortunately, Ravenus was cured and the Doomstone removed from his body. He later joined the free Mini-Cons, who were now empowered by the Master Key, in the battle against Unicron and his evil Mini-Cons.

All these events took place within the manga (Japanese comic) that accompanied the Armada/Micron Densetsu cartoon, which was also called "Linkage". It answers a lot questions the show didn't answer (like, why all the Mini-Cons start glowing green and power up near the beginning of the Unicron battles, and why Scavenger's Mini-Con, Rollbar, was barely ever seen).

very confusing.....
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 04, 2010 6:44 am

Wing Saber wrote:very confusing.....
How so?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion