Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:02 pm

ok then how do you explain the two red rangers in time force and the two red and the two blue rangers in ninja storm
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok then how do you explain the two red rangers in time force and the two red and the two blue rangers in ninja storm
Time Force: "Red" Ranger and "Quantum" Ranger.

Ninja Storm: "Red" Ranger and "Crimson" Ranger, "Blue" Ranger and "Navy" Ranger.

Different names = different powers, similar colors aside.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 pm

oh so its not just the color but the power of that color aswell
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 am

DVD covers! :D

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

season 3 cover looks awsome
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 pm

I like this thread because of the deja vu I get. :D
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 am

MMPR The complete Series DVD Trailer

But, there's a catch, as there are only two ways of owning this set. One, you can buy both it and the seasons 4-7 DVD set from Time Life (they can only be ordered together, not separately). Two, you can buy it at Shout! Factory's booth at San Diego Comic-Con this week. :P

As for me, I want both sets and not just this one. :mrgreen:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Finally went and preorders the 40-disc DVD set from TimeLife. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also, forgot to mention something:
ironrod prime wrote:oh so its not just the color but the power of that color aswell
That, and in the case of Ninja Storm there are actually three different groups of Rangers: The Wind Rangers (Red, Yellow, Blue), the Thunder Rangers (Crimson, Navy), and the single Samurai Ranger* (green). So, even if two Thunder Rangers were "Red" and "Blue" instead of what they are now, they could still fit in since they're a different team of Rangers than the Wind Rangers, despite being on the same side.

This is also how there can be more than one of the same color ranger at a time in team-ups. More than one team is involved, and each color belongs to a different team. So it's both the powers and the teams the powers belong to that matter. :smile:

*-- Though, the Green Samurai Ranger is a bit of a tricky case since the later PR: Samurai series established another team of "Samurai Rangers" with their own Green Ranger. In this case, we could say that the one from Ninja Storm is a single agent whose his own unit all on his own, but still tied to the Wind and Thunder Rangers, thus enabling him to have the same Ranger name as Mike, but still be a different Ranger. Or, one could press the idea of him being the "Ninja Storm" Green Samurai Ranger, since, despite being called a samurai, he's still very much grounded in being ninja-like (mostly due to his Sentai counterpart still being a ninja and not a samurai).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:52 pm

but didnt he lose his powers after the dinothunder team up
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:11 am

ironrod prime wrote:but didnt he lose his powers after the dinothunder team up
True. I'm just pointing out how those two Rangers can have the same Ranger name without being the same Ranger. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum