Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Preliminary box art.

Wow, does that look bland. Stock artwork crowded together with a stock background set behind them. looks like it was put together in five minutes. :roll:

The Data Squad DVD covers looked so much more interesting an vibrant this.

I sincerely hope this isn't the final cover design, as this is just keeps making that 80 bucks price look less and less appealing. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 am

yeah isnt that the final screenshot from the intro
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 pm

ironrod prime wrote:yeah isnt that the final screenshot from the intro
Nah, it's just the promo art of each kid and their partners tacked on to the blue background of the old merchandise.

If they were going to use existing artwork for the package, they could have used any of the following (minus the Japanese logo) which look much nicer than that.

The last one is actually the official box art of the 2007 Japanese DVD box set. And THAT looks awesome! :grin:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

ive seen some art on deviantart that would be awsome
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ive seen some art on deviantart that would be awsome
Fan art or official art?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 pm

half and half
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:09 pm

ironrod prime wrote:half and half
Expect official art for DVD releases.

Especially for a 10+ year old English dub of a Japanese cartoon that is, for all intents and purposes, dead in America.

Aside from the Xros Wars anime and manga, Japan's been getting new video games (and still are) in recent years.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 am

its a ratings thing digimon probably couldnt beat pokemon and the other monster shows
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am

ironrod prime wrote:its a ratings thing digimon probably couldnt beat pokemon and the other monster shows
It's the merchandise sales that determine the life of a toyetic anime.

And, like I said, while it's dead in America, it's still alive in Japan.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:50 pm

i guess the concept just wasnt appealing to american audiances atleast not any more
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum