Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

favorite movie quotes

Non-TF related Conversations

favorite movie quotes

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:33 am

lets have some fun with this one what are some of your favorite movie quotes remember to credit the movie the quote is from

heres a few of mine

"i got better things to do tonight than die"
transformers the movie

"dudes and dudets major league butt kicking is back in town" teenage mutant ninja turtles

"hey kemo you proud of me man im the first dude here whats calculus" stand and deliver
ironrod prime

Re: favorite movie quotes

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Oh, great topic! There are lots of quotes I like. :D

Though, I wanna find clips of them first, since I can't recall the exact phrases. :oops:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I like the springer one you mentioned, several optimus ones I'll have to sort out, and from Princess Bride I like "I'm not left handed either" by Wesley, there are others I'll have to think of em though.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby markharry » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:59 am

i just this line "I see dead people." said by "Cole Sear(Haley Joel Osment)" in the movies "The Sixth Sense(1999)" ;)
markharry

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Almost any quote from Nolan's Batman trilogy
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Optimus quotes I've thought of I liked:

Bayformers:
"But we were already too late..." (in the prologue with the allspark crashing on earth right before credits)
"Fate rarely calls on us at a time of our choosing" (ROTF in the graveyard talking to Sam)
The opening lines of DOTM where it is showing cybertron and Optimus is narrating, entire thing is awesome.
Same goes for the closing lines of ROTF and DOTM.

1986 movie:
"Arise Rodimus Prime"
also the prophecy of Optimus about the matrix lighting the darkest hour before he dies.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 pm

ok you wanna rest the fate of the world on the kids camero ok-transformers

what you are about to see is top secret do not tell my mother-rotf

years from now there gonna ask us where were you when they took over the planet and we're gonna say we just stood by and watched-dotm
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Almost any quote from Nolan's Batman trilogy

Some of them:

Batman Begins

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me" Batman, Batman Begins
"A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely. " Ducard, Batman Begins
"There's nothing to fear but fear himself!" Scarecrow, Batman Begins
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies share my dread" Bruce Wayne, Batman Begins
"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" Batman, Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Alfred
"I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger" The Joker
"You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!" The Joker
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. " Harvey Dent
"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming. " Harvey Dent
"Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands; and your plan, is to *blackmail* this person? Good luck" Lucius Fox
"I told you my compound would take you places. I never said they'd be places you wanted to go. " Scarecrow
"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! " Joker
"You thought we could be decent men, in an indecent time! But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced... fair." Two-Face

The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*
"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." Bane
"I will build you and Gotham up with hope and then destroy you. Hope is really the key to torture. Gotham will build to a point of joy and then be wiped from the map." Bane
"Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!" Bane
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" Bane
"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended." Batman
" I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it." Bruce Wayne
Wing Saber

Postby mightwork » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 am

Serenity
Mal: "Uh this is the captain, we've had some slight problems with our entry sequence so me make experience some slight turbulence... and, uh, explode"
Mal: "I aim to misbehave"
Mal: "If anything happens to her, anything at all, I promise you, I'll get very choked up, honestly there could be tears"

Ted
The thunder song (won't post the lyrics because they contain naughty words)

Step Brothers
"So much space for activities!"
There's heaps more, to many to list

Taladega Nights
"Shake and Bake!"
mightwork

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm

rodents of unusual size i dont think they exist-princess bride

this is gonna be a short movie-the muppets movie

i dont even like this job-free willy
ironrod prime