Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Continuity, Canon, and Fanon

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Continuity, Canon, and Fanon

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Except that their backstory is completely different, fully showing their past history on screen, and even placing their home planet of Master (which differs wildly from Nebulos) as a major battleground later on in the story.

Eh, whatever. Like I said, Headmasters is the weakest link for me. I'd actually even be willing to cut it from my fanon, if it's absolutely unadaptable. But, I doubt that's the case; I'm sure there's a way!
I could help you to find the episodes to watch online. I've got all the eps. subbed by TV-Nihon.

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:My only real qualm with this one is that it kinda seems demeaning to the Joes in a way. It's like saying that they secretly had help from an alien super robot lifeform in disguise as a human, instead Gen. Hawk being a normal human who did amazing accomplishments on his own, without any superhuman aid.

I don't think so at all. Metalhawk even says in ep 1 that they were inspired by humans, and thus took their form. If anything, it would be a way of him honoring them further to fight for freedom and the such. I don't see why that would demean the Joes. Personally, I think it'd be a better tie in than just having Cobra Commander show up randomly in one episode.
I mean, it makes it seem like the Joes had help from a superior being disguised as a human instead of them all being normal humans. Having a disguised Autobot among their ranks makes it seem like they kinda cheated in their achievements and victories.

TriPredRavage wrote:Dark Nova is the evil energy thing from Zone, right? It's been a while since I've seen Zone.
Nah, Dark Nova's the main big bad from the Return of Convoy fiction. The guy from Zone was Violen Jiger.

TriPredRavage wrote:It's funny, I wrote this, and then I watched MF ep 12, lol. I kinda thought that Devil Z looked like a Spark, which I imagine, if they ever dubbed it is what they would go with describing him as. He could even be... Unicron's Spark! BUM Bum bum... :lol:
Erm, "energy god" sounds cooler than "giant spark" to me. Plus, wouldn't that also make Devil Z just a giant ball of Angolmois?

And this is just my personal preferance, but there's something that I think would be cool to have done to Devil Z in a English redub. Seeing that his name is "Devil Z", there's likely no way that the dubbers would be allowed to keep the "devil" part of his name to market the series towards a general audience. And just calling him "Z" sounds kinda lame. So, I've got an idea of a dub name for him that I think would be cool. After watching the TV-Nihon subs of the series, I've grown fond of the words "Cybertron" and "Destron". And the word "Cybertron" is also used in the English versions (as the name of the TF's home planet), but "Destron" sadly is not. So, I think it would be cool to have Devil Z's dub name be "Destron". :ugeek: :mrgreen:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Fri May 14, 2010 6:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:I could help you to find the episodes to watch online. I've got all the eps. subbed by TV-Nihon.

I'm not worried about it just quite yet. I'm finally back into watching Masterforce, so I'll stick to that for a while.
Sabrblade wrote:I mean, it makes it seem like the Joes had help from a superior being disguised as a human instead of them all being normal humans. Having a disguised Autobot among their ranks makes it seem like they kinda cheated in their achievements and victories.

Yeah, that doesn't bother me at all. If anything, I feel it makes for a really good story and works well with the whole "robots in disguise" lore (not RiD, just the motto)
Sabrblade wrote:Nah, Dark Nova's the main big bad from the Return of Convoy fiction. The guy from Zone was Violen Jiger.

I think it's understandable how I'd mix that up. With so many omnipotent evil energies, it's hard to keep track.
Sabrblade wrote:Erm, "energy god" sounds cooler than "giant spark" to me. Plus, wouldn't that also make Devil Z just a giant ball of Angolmois?

And this is just my personal preferance, but there's something that I think would be cool to have done to Devil Z in a English redub. Seeing that his name is "Devil Z", there's likely no way that the dubbers would be allowed to keep the "devil" part of his name to market the series towards a general audience. And just calling him "Z" sounds kinda lame. So, I've got an idea of a dub name for him that I think would be cool. After watching the TV-Nihon subs of the series, I've grown fond of the words "Cybertron" and "Destron". And the word "Cybertron" is also used in the English versions (as the name of the TF's home planet), but "Destron" sadly is not. So, I think it would be cool to have Devil Z's dub name be "Destron". :ugeek: :mrgreen:

I'm just saying, he looks like a spark and that's what they would probably go with calling him in an official dub. And I absolutely, 100% hate Angolmois. Don't ask me why, I just hate the term.
TriPredRavage

Postby Byrerprime » Sun May 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I tend to lean to a Marvel Comics style continuity. The Transformers Multiverse encompasses the entire brand. Each smaller universe was a branch off another universe. In my continuity, Movieverse diverges early on. RiD follows closely. The origin of Primus and Unicron is consistent for all universes, though. The G1-comics, G1/Beast era, and G1-japan diverge at the time of the Ark's launching. The G1-comics diverge at the point of Shockwave coming to Earth to look for Megatron. G1-japan diverges when the Masters leave Cybertron. G2 and Classicverse diverge separately after issue #80. I've been working on a timeline, but I keep getting distracted.
Byrerprime

Previous

Return to Transformers - General Discussion