Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Positive comments for Newtown community

Non-TF related Conversations

Positive comments for Newtown community

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 am

I am starting this topic for supportive comments and opinions dealing with the recent elementary school massacre in the US.

I will be referencing some Christian scripture here and also some scripture of my particular denomination, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, who most see as Mormon because of our additional scriptures, but the things I quote from (mostly the Christian KJV Bible as printed by my church on its own website) in scriptures I have handy, will be completely in support of the children at the school.

I finally decided to start this after the community support meeting Obama went to attend at the high school last night in the same town as the shootings. I am also still angry about comments Mike Huckabee made on how God was taken out of schools and it causes these kinds of tragedies. I watched most of the high school meeting last night on a local FOX broadcast OTA channel and listened to most of Obama's prepared words he gave.

I was already not a fan of Huckabee, and I mostly only tolerate Obama because he agreed to be a mentioned name in Bayformers in ROTF, and let someone do a double of him in DOTM, I have my disagreements with Obama on a political level, but I believe at times like this he does a better job than in any other situation he has to handle in politics.

I will put all scripture links at the very end of this post for reference purposes and to keep from making the post overly large by actually pasting them in here.

So here goes.

My church teaches against child baptism, and the reason for this I agree with 100 percent. It is stated late in the Book of Moroni from the Book of Mormon that Mormon, who my church states as being a Native American prophet and teacher of Christianity that compiled the work of other prophets in what we consider times before 500 AD, hence the book is named after him because he put together alot of the stories himself and made many notes on them in the book.

Anyway the story goes that Mormon was the second to last Christian prophet in America at the time, the last being his son Moroni who writes about the part I am going to mention about child baptism.

In the end of the book, Mormon writes to Moroni one of his last messages to his son, because forces of terrorism and war from enemies of their beliefs have all but destroyed the last of the Native American Christians.

One topic he covers is child baptism. He states that it is a mistake to baptize children, because baptism is about repenting of sins and washing them away to be innocent before God. The reason children don't need it is because they are already innocent at a young age (the stated age to allow baptism of children is 8 years old and no less) and that all people are born with a natural innocence built into them by God, that the book calls "The light of Christ."

It goes on to explain that children, even unbaptised ones, will not go to hell if they die, but are the only type of people in my religion who get automatic salvation and do not have to be judged for their actions by Jesus Christ in the afterlife. The rest of this topic in that part of the book explains that Jesus loved little children greatly.

I must comment here that I think the celebration of Christmas was planned by the Lord, not to celebrate himself so much, but to celebrate little children and give them happy memories to think back on later in life, and to bring them closer to their family and friends.

The gospel of Matthew in the New Testament gives a teaching of Jesus in reply to some of his disciples asking which prophet or person will be greatest in Heaven, his reply is to call a little child to him as an example, and he explains that the angels who work the closest with his Father are always watching over little children. He also says among many other things that it is not the will of his Father that the little children perish, no matter what background they come from. In other words, God does not attack children for any reason, but will only come to heal and protect them from harmful forces of evil, not to destroy them because "God has been taken out of schools" as Huckabee said.

After all, Jesus himself said he did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

There is another area of the Book of Mormon where Jesus appears to Native Americans not long after his ressurection after his burial mentioned in the New Testament. To explain my religion believes that the "other sheep" Jesus mentions in the gospels were Christian groups in other areas of the world outside of the Middle East area where he was, and the Native Americans who we believe wrote the original Book of Mormon were some of these other sheep.

At this point I just want to mention I am not trying to promote the authority of these claims, just giving background info for those who would not otherwise know what I am talking about if I don't give some explanation.

Anyway, when he appears to Native Americans after his resurrection, one of the main things he does is a prayer for the children of the gathered people, and he sends out angels to take care of them. Some of that is because it is mentioned in the book that when Jesus died, as also covered somewhat in the New Testament, there were powerful storms, earthquakes, and other disasters, and the people in this part are still recovering, so the angels were apparently sent out to feed people and treat any possible wounds.
It is described in the part where he is giving them a prayer to bless them that no words can describe the excellence of his prayer for the children, and how it moved the people when they heard it.

There is also a part, that is mentioned in Psalms as well I think, where Jesus states the only sacrifice he truly respects is the sacrifice of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

So to sum up, I believe contrary to what Huckabee said, God and angels were with those children in that school.

I also think that if someone saw him standing there and tried to force him out of that school by physical strength, they would find him not budging and only going towards the children he wanted to protect.

My belief is that there is no place on earth that is more holy than another place. God calls the earth his footstool, which implies that it is far beneath him. The things that are holy are the innocent people, especially children.

Men can try to keep God's influence and the influence of religions and ideas that are against him out of school for the sake of tolerance, but this doesn't mean God has no power in that place or that he wasn't watching over the children with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart when this happened.

The people of many religions and opposing political and religious beliefs to what Huckabee has, including Obama, some Jews, Islam, and different other religions represented themselves much better than Huckabee did last night in the high school meeting.

Even the Islamic and Jewish and other ones outside of Christianity showed they were better disciples of Christ than Huckabee, who even though not without sin, cast stones at people going through an incredibly hard time and stricken with more grief than most people will ever have to experience.

I don't think Huckabee's words are what the Lord would have told the news about what happened in that school, and I can only say he must have gotten them from a false prophet.

On the contrary, Islamic and Jewish ministers showed that they were better disciples of Christ, because they showed up to support this community instead of attacking them and blaming it on their lack of innocence and their lack of teaching about God in public schools.

Here I will quote what Jesus himself said and would give to explain his reasons for letting those Islamic and Jewish ministers into some of the greatest places in paradise. It will be the only ones I actually put in this post fully and not just leave a link to another page for:

From John's gospel, chapter 13, verses 34 and 35 my religions version of KJV spoken by Jesus himself:

"A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

From Matthew's gospel, chapter 25, verses 34 through 40 also by Jesus himself:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer unto him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

I will wrap this up with links to the relevant references, I am not starting this as a debate topic, but only for supportive comments and thoughts for the people and community directly involved in these events.

Matthew chapter 25 verses 34 through 40 :
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/25?lang=eng

John chapter 13 verse 34 and 35:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/13?lang=eng

Psalms chapter 51 verse 17:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/ps/51?lang=eng

Luke chapter 9 verse 56:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/luke/9?lang=eng

Matthew chapter 18 verses 1 through 14:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/matt/18?lang=eng

Book of Mormon, Moroni chapter 8 entire chapter is relevant (why children are innocent and don't need baptism in my church):
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/8?lang=eng

Book of Mormon, 3rd book of Nephi, chapter 17, verses 11 through 24 (Jesus blessing Native American children not long after his resurrection):
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/17?lang=eng

Once more, if you reply, positive comments for the people of the grieving community only please, try to stay away from debating over reasons for it happening, policits, gun control, and so forth.

I realize I sort of accused Huckabee, but I believe it was relevant and he deserves it.

Please don't troll against any supporting comments or the people involved in the actual event.

EDIT: proofreading for typos, fixed one already.

EDIT: fixed another typo, also about to add a link to yahoo news story on the high school interfaith memorial, with video of Obama's speech embedded on that page:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obam ... itics.html

EDIT: embedding youtube video for what good people would say, just in case Mike Huckabee stumbles across this forum in a search engine, it might help him learn not to ruin his political career and bring shame on his own religious convictions:

I actually considered this one of the high points of the entire memorial.

also found a direct youtube link for the embedded speech in the yahoo story above:

I also wanted to add an old country music video from year 2000, the song is very sad and deals with domestic abuse, but by the end of the song, if you listen to the words the message should be clear. Most of you may have already heard this one.

The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Open Forum