Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Character

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Favorite Character

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 am

in reality yes but story wise nemisis has always been a clone while scourge has been more of a brother
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 am

ironrod prime wrote:in reality yes but story wise nemisis has always been a clone while scourge has been more of a brother
Scourge was a clone. He scanned Optimus and got his looks that way. Only reason he got some differences in his body design is due to him also scanning a difference vehicle than Optimus.

Plus, a clone doesn't always have to look exactly like the original. Take Mewtwo, for example. He's Mew's clone but still looks quite unique. A clone is just a genetic copy of another thing. Physically resembling the original to the letter is just an option, not a necessity.

Besides, Optimus already has a brother, Ultra Magnus, and they look nothing alike.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Haven't updated this since before DOTM, so here goes!

DOTM:

Autobots: Optimus all the way for number 1, this story really brought him more into focus especially for a Bayformers movie, showing his self doubts and how he overcame the odds of being left for dead by Sentinel and didn't know better about Sentinel's betrayal, really portrayed Optimus in the best way I think Bay is possible of.

My runner up list has to goto the new NASCAR wreckers, I am from Alabama and am close enough to Talledega that it is big news when NASCAR comes so it was very amusing for someone who lives in a place with TONS of NASCAR fans. Loved how they made the Scottish accents work and so forth.
Tie for third place has to be Wheelie and Brains for the underdog spot, I just have a soft spot for the guys whos main contribution cannot come from the powerful brawling of a titanic car sized fist, or extreme sports car speed stunts, but has to come from technical computer hacking skills and general smallscale stealth missions like Wheelie and Brains do :D

Decepticons: The new updated Nemesis Prime style Megatron had an amazing design, and they really went with his backstory in this one showing the level of planning in his long term schemes, how he can plan over decades for an ultimate outcome. My main complaint is how underused he was in this one, I don't mind him being killed at the end, I just wish he could have had more screen time as a villain and been a more major plot point, but the character design he had as far as visual look and alt mode was amazing, and the way they showed him being capable of carrying on long term goals like his team up with the Russian cosmonauts and the human allies of the cons, as well as his goals of finding Sentinel Prime and using the Matrix of Leadership to his own ends to get the unknown defector to be resurrected, down to the ultimate goal of reviving Cybertron for himself as a HQ to conquer the universe were all good portrayals of what a cool Megatron should be. Like I said, only complaint is severe lack of screen time.

My number two has to be Laserbeak for his obvious importance to the plot, followed by the unnamed green constructicon assistant to Megatron who is always around him lol, that was a great underused character as well.

Humans: As sad is it is for me to admit this, I actually found myself liking Sam's character since what he learned from ROTF after he saw OP die for him. I also found myself liking Carly but mostly for the potential she could have had as a character and not necessarily for what was actually shown in the movie. Even though I must admit I am sort of uncomfortable around feminine acting males, not because I hate them, but mostly because I don't personally know that many of them and therefore am not at all accustomed to that type of behaviour, I have to say Dutch was an awesome character who went way deeper than his intended comic relief, wish they could have made him a more serious type guy. Finally I gotta give bonus points to all the historic figure cameo guys, like Buzz Aldrin and the fake version of JFK and the Obama impersonator, they really made the opening parts of the movie amazing in the sequence with the original rocket to the moon mission stuff, so out of all of those humans they have to take my number 1, the unsung hero extras who played famous people :D

TF Prime:

Autobots: This is a bit of a three way tie for me, going to OP, Smokescreen, and Arcee, they all have my attention on about an equal level at this point for obvious reasons to anyone who has been watching the show, we haven't seen a new autobot with as much potential as Smokescreen since Drift first started getting popular from the spotlight stuff.

Decepticons: This one is alot harder because of how many really great con characters we have in Prime so far. It could be any one of them almost, they are all so great, but so far I have to say my favorite is probably the now dead Dreadwing, he was a mix of demolitions and misplaced honor, an odd mix of loyalty and guerilla warfare that really brought alot to the Decepticon side plots. Soundwave is also a great one in this especially considering he gets really great scenes without ever speaking haha. This version of Megatron is probably my 3rd favorite from any TF media next to Animated and the High Moon games versions. Finally, Knock Out... Oh man where do I even begin. The best comic relief character in a TF series in quite a long time. I've been calling him "G1 Evil Tracks" for the run of this show and he is just too awesome to put into words other than that.

Humans: Most of the main humans are actually cooler to me than most other TF humans in other shows. Raf is like a younger walking version of Chip Chase but also his ties to Bumblebee and the bond they have makes an integral part of the plot in many areas. Jack started as the generic TF human ally we have always seen, but they took him to a new depth especially in places like the episode where he has to save June from Black Arachnia and the one close to the end of season one, where June orders him to go home with her and stop hanging out with the Autobots, where he tells her if it has to be her or the Autobots, he will stay with the Autobots is a really emotional scene for a cartoon, in a depth we haven't seen since season 1 of G1 where Spike almost lost his dad to the mind control chip in the 3 part "The Ultimate Doom." Miko took me by surprise almost as much as Jack. Hasbro boys toyline cartoons usually don't have female characters that deep, but since Sari in Animated I think they have been asking the writers to work on it extra and Miko is the early result of what they are doing. Her feelings about Bulkhead being hurt are actually one of the high points of the human part of the show for me. The genuine look of worry she gave Jack at the end of season 2 when they went through the space bridge to different locations was a really interesting moment that added alot to what was already going on in the story at that point.
Finally, my favorite human in the show right now, Agent Fowler! I don't even have to explain why if you have been watching the show at all, this guy is the man.

War for Cybertron:

Autobots: My absolute 100 percent favorite in WfC is Warpath. He is the best for me. Number two has to be Silverbolt during the missions to take down Trypticon in his alt mode.

Decepticons: My absolute favorite for this one is Breakdown. Number two is Megatron and when the two get together on a mission Breakdown and Megatron interacting conversations are one of the greater moments in this game. I especially like the part where Megatron says something like: I've gone through countless Autobot titans today, and am barely even taxed. Breakdown replies with something like: It was pretty taxing to me! Third spot goes to the unplayable character Trypticon, he had a surprising level of awesomeness in this game and I have to give him a shout out for being one of the hardest bosses in a 3d game I have had to fight before with his hardest skill version of the final fight where Optimus, Bumblebee and Ironhide team up to stop him. It took me about a week of trying to finally get this level down with each hero, surprisingly Bumblebee was the easiest to win with because of his speed I guess, Optimus wasn't so bad, but Ironhide was next to impossible to win with when I was 100 percenting the game on hardest skill, he just couldn't dodge Trypticon's attacks if his life depended on it, I was almost to the point of Tebowing before every attempt to win with Ironhide I got so desperate to win with him.

Fall of Cybertron:

Autobots: Optimus and Metroplex have to be my top spot, Optimus for my usual generic reasons and Metroplex for bringing a really neat element to the game and together with Optimus, being the posterboy for HMS advertising this game. It really was a great level to play as Optimus with Metroplex helping out and was a very new and innovative thing for a 3rd person shooter. Number two goes to Grimlock for his central role in this story and his alternate form of gameplay. Third is Jazz, he played a bigger role and was more fun to play as than I expected, the grappling hook was very fun even though it is a rather old gimmick that got popular around the time of the original Quake CTF games.

Decepticons: Soundwave takes number 1 for how he brings back Megatron, and the ability to deploy the minicons during his missions was a great feature if it was a bit underused. Number two goes to all of the Combaticons as a group. The levels where you play as them in Bruticus mode were cool, my favorite of the nonBruticus missions involving them goes to Vortex, and one of the better cutscenes was when they rebel against Starscream and invade an autobot command post at the end of that mission. Third place is Megatron just for how much fun the revenge against Starscream level was, looking up at the monitor and being able to see his fists clench in the first person was great haha.

TF Exodus novel: I think they did a good job with this novel even though the pacing was a bit fast for how much history it covers in the fiction.

Autobots: Alpha Trion number 1. Sentinel Prime 2. Optimus takes 3 mostly for his inspiring speech to the council and his ethical standpoints early in the book when he firsts begins corresponding with Megatronus/Megatron.

Decepticons: Sadly Megatron was a little too easy to predict in his younger form and I wish I could place him high on the list, but he ranks low just because there were more awesome cons than him in this book. Starscream was actually smarter than Megs in this and takes number 1 spot. Second place goes to Shockwave for his great inventions and well... experiments. Third place would be Soundwave, without his spying and minicons spying, Megatron would have been stopped long before the war ever started.

Last but not least... the new TF Classified young adult stuff:

Only read the first one so far, but my favorite character is Reverb and he is the only one in this Bayformers spinoff who needs mentioning. He was a decepticon central to the plot, and sadly even though I really liked Gears, he was outclassed in character depths by Reverb. All the others were just cameos by Bayformers characters and were mentioned in my earlier post or the one here on DOTM.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Unicron fan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I have been thinking to rely to this a long time, so here we go:

G1:
Absolute favorite: Unicron! Though I doubt that is a surprise. :lol:
Outside of the one above, I also like:
Scourge
Cyclonus
Galvatron
Ironhide
Soundwave
Laserbeak
Shockwave

Beast Wars:
Absolute favorite: Unicron, again. :lol:
Vok
Silverbolt
Tigatron
Airazor
Tigerhawk
Megatron

Beast Machines:
Jetstorm
Diagnostic Drone
Tankor
Strika
Obsidian
Noble Savage
Megatron

Armada:
Absolute favorite: Unicron, heh. :lol:
Sideways
Thrust
Megatron/Galvatron
Jetfire

Energon:
Absolute favorite: Once again; Unicron. :lol:
Scorponok
Megatron/Galvatron
Primus
Shockblast
Sixshot

Cybertron:
Sideways
Megatron/Galvatron
Vector Prime
Primus
Soundwave
Laserbeak

Prime:
Absolute favorite: Unicron, of course. :lol:
Soundwave
Laserbeak
Shockwave
Wheeljack
Megatron
Dreadwing

Transformers movie 2007:
Ironhide
Megatron
Blackout
Barricade

ROTF:
The Fallen
Soundwave
Ironhide
Megatron

DOTM:
Ironhide
Soundwave
Laserbeak
Shockwave

Note, this are the cartoons/live action movies.
Now, for some comics:

G1:
Absolute favorite; Unicron, yet again. :lol:
Thunderwing
Shockwave
Megatron/Galvatron
Scourge
Cyclonus
Emerite Xaaron
Primus
Ironhide
Soundwave
Laserbeak
Death's Head

Armada:
Absolute favorite: Unicron, mwahahahaha... erm. :lol:
Megatron/Galvatron
Sideways
Thrust
Thunderwing
Scourge

Energon:
Absolute favorite: Yeah, you guessed it; Unicron. :lol:
Scorponok

Universe:
Absolute favorite: Unicron, hehe. :lol:
Strika
Onsidian
Tankor
Silverbolt
Razorclaw (the clone of Tigerhawk)

Those are the one I have seen/read so far I may update those later. And, as you can see, Unicron is my top favorite, no matter the series.
Those that I did not mention Unicron, either just had him mentioned, or nothing at all.
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Unicron fan wrote:Beast Wars:

Unicron wasn't in Beast Wars. His head was used to represent the Vok, but he himself never appeared.
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:Beast Wars:

Unicron wasn't in Beast Wars. His head was used to represent the Vok, but he himself never appeared.

He appeared in a memory by Starscream. ;) Anyway, by appearing I find it enough that we see him. :smile:
Unicron fan

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 am

cameos dont count if they did rhinox would be my favorite armada character
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 am

ironrod prime wrote:cameos dont count if they did rhinox would be my favorite armada character
Says who? Did you make this thread?

And besides, Armada Rhinox had a bigger role in the Armada and Energon comics. So if one wanted to include him based on his appearances in there, they could.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 am

oh well in that case

rhinox is my favorite armada character :mrgreen:
ironrod prime

Previous

Return to Transformers - General Discussion