Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

boxed set predictions

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: boxed set predictions

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

They haven't done it yet so why would they start now besides botcon figures usually have a certain aesthetic that the movie toys don't have
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 am

Here's the issue with the Club and the movie molds.
  • All Movie 1 molds are off limits
  • All on-screen character/Paramount-designed character molds from ROTF, 2010, and DOTM are off limits
  • Non-film character/non-Paramount-designed character molds molds from ROTF, 2010, and DOTM are okay (like how Bludgeon and Dirge have been)
Though, the Club has also recently taken to using no molds below Deluxe class, so all the smaller-than-Deluxe molds from all four movie-based toylines aren't really up for consideration anymore.

The available movie toyline molds are:

ROTF
Deluxe:
Blazemaster/Evac
Dirge/2010 Jetblade
Lockdown/2010 Axor
Brawn/2010 Fallback

Voyager:
Stratosphere
Bludgeon/2010 Banzaitron
Mindwipe/2010 Strafe

Deluxe:
Hailstorm/Mindset
Terradive/DOTM Space Case
Tomahawk/DOTM Vortex/Generations GDO Springer

Voyager:
Sea Spray/Deep Dive
Highbrow/Generations GDO Powerdive

DOTM
Deluxe:
Air Raid (maybe)

Voyager:
Skyhammer

So everyone else is either an on screen movie character mold, the redeco/remold of one, too small, or simply doesn't meet a workable criteria for the Club.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Here's the issue with the Club and the movie molds.
  • All Movie 1 molds are off limits
  • All Paramount-designed character molds from ROTF, 2010, and DOTM are off limits
  • Non-film character molds from ROTF, 2010, and DOTM are okay (like how Bludgeon and Dirge have been)
Though, the Club has also recently taken to using no molds below Deluxe class, so all the smaller-than-Deluxe molds from all four movie-based toylines aren't really up for consideration anymore.

The available movie toyline molds are:

ROTF
Deluxe:
Blazemaster/Evac
Dirge/2010 Jetblade
Lockdown/2010 Axor
Brawn/2010 Fallback

Voyager:
Stratosphere
Bludgeon/2010 Banzaitron
Mindwipe/2010 Strafe

Deluxe:
Hailstorm/Mindset
Terradive/DOTM Space Case
Tomahawk/DOTM Vortex/Generations GDO Springer

Voyager:
Sea Spray/Deep Dive
Highbrow/Generations GDO Powerdive

DOTM
Deluxe:
Air Raid (maybe)

Voyager:
Skyhammer

So everyone else is either an on screen movie character mold, the redeco/remold of one, too small, or simply doesn't meet a workable criteria for the Club.

Technically bludgeon, hailstorm, tomahawk, teradive, seaspray, and highbrow aren't "movie" figures there hunt for the decepticons figures

I understand that hftd was a continuation of the movie line but they still weren't mainstream movie line as well the hftd figures had a slightly different aesthetic

But then again I could just be talkin out my tail pipe agian
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Technically bludgeon,

ironrod prime wrote:hailstorm, tomahawk, teradive, seaspray, and highbrow aren't "movie" figures there hunt for the decepticons figures
"Hunt for the Decepticons" wasn't the name of the toyline. It was an online game the toys were promoting. The name of the toyline was just "Transformers".

And all five of those guys (and Bludgeon) appeared in the post-ROTF/pre-DOTM five-part story "Unite for the Universe".

ironrod prime wrote:I understand that hftd was a continuation of the movie line but they still weren't mainstream movie line as well the hftd figures had a slightly different aesthetic

But then again I could just be talkin out my tail pipe agian
Yup. :P The whole point of the HFTD promotion was that the Autobots and N.E.S.T. were "hunting" down the Decepticons between movies.

And the toyline was called "Autobot Alliance" in Japan, and featured only the movie-based molds and none of the ones that fit in the Classics-style that the line would feature upon evolving into its Reveal the Shield phase.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

You think you're all that but you're not even close :P
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 pm

ironrod prime wrote:You think you're all that but you're not even close :P
Pot... kettle... black. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Now that we know the last one is Megaplex, it's gotta be a jet mold.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 am

Somethin tells me it's gonna be a silver repaint of rotf dirge

If not then maybe breakaway
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Somethin tells me it's gonna be a silver repaint of rotf dirge

If not then maybe breakaway

I think it will be Cybertron Thundercracker.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Not really a botcon quality figure especially when you consider his arm problem
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion