Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

alternity

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: alternity

Postby DocWho » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Sabrblade wrote:And the story about Megatron Diamond Black actually being the Megatron boss from the Famicom game Convoy no Nazo, and having that game retconned as a cross-dimensional game "full of death and suffering", was brilliant!

Wait, what? That's awesome!

Although I 100% agree with the "full of suffering" part. God that game is awful.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:13 pm

DocWho wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And the story about Megatron Diamond Black actually being the Megatron boss from the Famicom game Convoy no Nazo, and having that game retconned as a cross-dimensional game "full of death and suffering", was brilliant!

Wait, what? That's awesome!

Although I 100% agree with the "full of suffering" part. God that game is awful.
Yep, it's all here, in the mini-manga called "To Die Game!" In the story, Convoy Ultimate Silver and Megatron Diamond Black are fighting each other across the multiverse. As they fight, Megs make a proposition: if Optimus can beat him in a game of his choosing, Megs will answer any question Prime has for him. The game calls for Optimus choosing one Autobot from 2005 to face endless legions of Decepticon enemies in "a game of death and suffering" that involves anomalies in space and time. Prime reluctantly agrees to this and chooses Ultra Magnus.

In the comic images, many things are taken from the game to represent what Magnus will have to face.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

so what alternity mold do you guys like the most so far?
for what reasons?

i'll start.
i would say the mold i like the most has to be megatron.
i love the choice of alt mode and the swords.
the complexaty of the transformation is interesting without beinbg frustrating.

convoy and bumble are a joint second as they both have good qualities. convoy looks powerful and noble and i think that the choice of alt reflects that. bumble is interesting in that he resembles the transformation of his clasics counterpart with an interesting throw back to his g1 namesake whilst still giving us something new.

the third mold, that of the questers; starscream, skywarp and thundercracker is a fantastic mold. the choice of alt gives us something new whilst still maintaining that caricter indikatave of the seekers. my one fault with this third mold is that the wing design isn't to my liking. it is not simetrical but this isn't in a good way for example the transmetal2 figures. it looks clumsy.
this is just me however.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 pm

lioconvoy wrote:so what alternity mold do you guys like the most so far?
for what reasons?
Since I still don't own any, I still can't fully judge any. :oops:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 am

well even if you don't own any ali molds what one apeals to you the most sabrblade from asthetics alone
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 am

lioconvoy wrote:well even if you don't own any ali molds what one apeals to you the most sabrblade from asthetics alone
I guess the Convoy mold looks coolest to me. Robot Mode-wise, that is.

The Seeker mold has the coolest-looking altmode, though.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:07 pm

i'll agree with that. bot mode convoy looks grate but alt mode the quester mold is amazing but megs is grate all round. he looks like the samurai type and for alt and bot its so inavative
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep saying "quester" instead of "seeker"?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:44 am

Sabrblade wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do you keep saying "quester" instead of "seeker"?

That's what they're called in the Alternity fiction, actually.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 pm

DocWho wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do you keep saying "quester" instead of "seeker"?

That's what they're called in the Alternity fiction, actually.
Really? *goes to do research* Ah, found it! "Questor," that's cool. A pun on "Seeker". :lol:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion