Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

alternity

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: alternity

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:24 pm

i was curious about the quester/seeker naming myself. but yeah quester is the new name.
they have the new name because they are questing for the planet for megatron
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:01 am

ok people hears the part where i make myself look silly lol

previously i've kept my alternity figures seperate from the general retale figures.
i was having a change around yesterday and i was shocked at how good they look beside the movie line figures lol

they are near enough perfectly skailed.

i cant believe i never realised that before

alternity convoy super black and ultimate silver look pritty cool lined up beside leader prime, sideswipe and bb
and starscream perl white and megatron le mans blue look pritty sweet beside lockdown and baricade.

but anyway after my sillyness and my little rant about the merits of alternity vs movie figures

what do you guys think is the best option for finishing the molds off?
i cant decide between bumblebee champian yello and cliffjumper red perl.
both are iconic caricters and both interest me but i can only afford one once the bills have been payed.
bumblebee has his transformation seems mor prominant dew to the colour and cliffjumper's face kind of bugs me

it's a hard choice
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:32 pm

so does anyone know where i can find a translation of the alternity comics and text stories and or technical specifications translations?

i've only found information on the wiki and although its informative, its not like reading the story from start to finish ones self
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm

lioconvoy wrote:so does anyone know where i can find a translation of the alternity comics and text stories and or technical specifications translations?

i've only found information on the wiki and although its informative, its not like reading the story from start to finish ones self
The TFWiki not only has info on the stories, but has links to the stories themselves. The text stories were translated and put on the Wiki as source pages, while the manga pages were scanlated at The Allspark Forums.

From Here to Alternity (text story)
To Mega Therion (text story)
Arch-Nemesis! (manga)
To Die Game! (manga)
The World Is Flat! (text story)
Ace of Swords (text story)
Foreshadows (text story) - not yet translated
Hunt for the Planicrons (text story) - not yet translated
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:36 pm

thanks sabrblade. thats what happens when you don't read down the page from top to bottom lol
i think i'll be mor cairful in future lol
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 pm

ok returning to an idea about desired molds in triplicut hear's a few ideas that could be considered.

what about some kind of smart car. the mold could be used in triplicut for prowl, perseptor and shockwave.
possibly an overdrawn irony and overblown pun on my part but why not have the three smartest tfs out there in a autoavitar that best reflects them.
perhaps a dodge charger for ironhide, ratchet and perhaps huffer also.

another thaut i've had.
if the tfu2003 nemesis prime was given the vecter 704 auto avitar and was inducted in to the alternity, would he be the only nemesis prime in the colective?
it's an interesting consideration because all nemesis primes are clones in some kind of manner to optimus, however 704 is the only nemesis to have been a direct clone of an optimus.
personally i believe that he is the only nemesis prime to have joined the colective.

i cant think of another that would join.
nova prime tainted by the dead universe perhaps.
clasics nemesis was created by straxus as a counter but whent mad so again perhaps but not likely.
scourge (rid) was an autobot. perhaps contact with the alternity and the higher plane would make these alternity but i dout it apart from nova who would seem the most logical choice.

the armarda seemed to be constructed primerily from unicron/sideways so seems unlikely. the same from the alternaters nemesis. his spark was uploded from the void and was linked directly from unicron to be disbersed by the protecter (primal)

i am going to have to give this some mor consideration.

*EDIT*
ok so for the alternity caricters we know

megatron diomand black is the game megatron, megatron premium le mans blue is the bt megatron
wich megs is silver?

convoy ultimate silver is the bt optimus and convoy super black is nemesis from universe so what media is vibrant fed from or is it from a different continuity in g1?

as for bumble, cliff, starscream, thundercracker and skywarp what universe are they from?

this hole molty dimentional traveling using the timaeus drive is uber confusing lol

i would prosume that silver megatron is from the same universe as vibrant red and i would guess the same of the questers.
cliff and bumbe however i am leaning towards the bt timeline
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 pm

lioconvoy wrote:ok so for the alternity caricters we know

megatron diomand black is the game megatron, megatron premium le mans blue is the bt megatron
wich megs is silver?

convoy ultimate silver is the bt optimus and convoy super black is nemesis from universe so what media is vibrant fed from or is it from a different continuity in g1?

as for bumble, cliff, starscream, thundercracker and skywarp what universe are they from?

this hole molty dimentional traveling using the timaeus drive is uber confusing lol

i would prosume that silver megatron is from the same universe as vibrant red and i would guess the same of the questers.
cliff and bumbe however i am leaning towards the bt timeline
First, triple-posing is not permited. A warning has been issued.

Second, this is how the characters are:

• Convoy Ultimate Metal Silver - "Vector 01" - Optimus Prime of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Convoy Vibrant Red - "Vector 109" - Optimus Prime of Primax 109.0 Beta (BT World at the time of the Alternity)
  • Convoy Super Black - "Vector 704" - Universe (2003) Nemesis Prime (World ID not known)
  • Megatron Premium Le Mans Blue - Megatron of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Megatron Blade Silver - unknown
  • Megatron Diamond Black - Megatron of Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Bumble Champion Yellow - "Radius 903" - Bumblebee of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Starscream White Pearl - unknown due to lack of a bio translation, likely fro mteh BT World
  • Skywarp Witch Purple Pearl - same as above
  • Thundercracker Sonic Blue - not out yet
  • Ultra Magnus Brilliant White Pearl - ditto

• Primal the Protector - Optimus Primal (World ID not known)
  • Elita Seven - Super Link Ariel (Energon Arcee) of Aurex 103.10 Alpha ( 1/10/2003 was the Japanese airdate for episode 1 of Micron Densetsu/Armada in Japan)
  • Cliff Pearl Red - Cliffjumper of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:57 am

thanks for clarifying that for me sabrblade.
just as a little adition to that to make sure i have what you corect, do you mean that ultimate silver convoy is the grand commander convoy of the alternity and convoy vibrant red is the bt convoy from pre alternity?
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 am

Okay, I just went through and read all of the Alternity fiction and characters' bios, and, by the Lion's mane, this story is epic! It is second only to the AllSpark Almanacs in terms of fanwank references and sheer awesomesauce!

And now I feel confident enough to answer some questions that weren't answered as well before.

Sabrblade wrote:
lioconvoy wrote:so what alternity caricters do you like then? mold or caricterisation.

mine are black convoy and convoy (mold wise i love it)
megatron (silver) such a good looking mold and one of the most dangerous megatrons around
Frankly, I own none of the Alternity figures, so I can't fully judge them without actually "playing" with one.

As for the story characters, well... it's no one new. It's all the G1 characters plus Universe 2003 Nemesis Prime. And what we've seen of these guys in the Alternity story itself isn't much. So... yeah. ^_^'
I now choose Convoy Super Black as my favorite character. He was just brutal. Having once been one the most villainous figures in TF fiction, he was able to gain true redemption and was inducted into the Alternity, where he dubbed himself the "Knight of Darkness". Despite his... morally ambiguous methods and anti-hero demeanor, he still remained a team player, working alongside his Convoy brethren and Protector allies.

Though, if he had been given more time in the spotlight, I may have chosen "Primal the Protector" (Optimus Primal) as my favorite, but we barely see him at all. The most of him we saw was when he showed up near the end donning a new body based on that of Binaltech Black Convoy (G1 Nemesis Prime - NOTE: Not the same Nemy as the dark hero ex-Con seen here).

And, I still own no figures ($50 bucks is still too much for a glorified Deluxe).

lioconvoy wrote:i've just picked up an alternity starscream and i am quite impressed.
it's a beautiful figure. he is grater than i thaut.
he has grown on me and now i have him i see what you mean sabrblade about the car sooting screamer.
the 4 eyes is a little odd but its interesting.
About the altmode, it's actually quite fitting that Starscream took this form, since it's called the Mitsuoka Orochi. This name comes from the Japanese mythological creature called the "Yamata no Orochi", which was an eight-headed snake. Starscream's Alternity bio reiterates Starscream's age old nickname of the "Silver Snake".

And wouldn't ya know it, by pure coincidence, as of this typing, there exist a total of 8 iterations of Starscream in the multiverse: G1, BWII, Unicron Trilogy, Movie, Animated, TransTech, Shattered Glass, and WFC/Exodus/Prime. :geek: :mrgreen:

lioconvoy wrote:i was curious about the quester/seeker naming myself. but yeah quester is the new name.
they have the new name because they are questing for the planet for megatron
Actually, their objective is to help Megatron gain access to Flatworld so he can take control of the Planicrons and their Cosmic Driver.

lioconvoy wrote:what do you guys think is the best option for finishing the molds off?
i cant decide between bumblebee champian yello and cliffjumper red perl.
both are iconic caricters and both interest me but i can only afford one once the bills have been payed.
bumblebee has his transformation seems mor prominant dew to the colour and cliffjumper's face kind of bugs me

it's a hard choice
That is a hard choice. I guess it depends on whether you want an Alternity Auto-Avatar (Bumble) or a Protector (Cliff).

Sabrblade wrote:
lioconvoy wrote:so does anyone know where i can find a translation of the alternity comics and text stories and or technical specifications translations?

The TFWiki not only has info on the stories, but has links to the stories themselves. The text stories were translated and put on the Wiki as source pages, while the manga pages were scanlated at The Allspark Forums.

From Here to Alternity (text story)
To Mega Therion (text story)
Arch-Nemesis! (manga)
To Die Game! (manga)
The World Is Flat! (text story)
Ace of Swords (text story)
Foreshadows (text story) - not yet translated
Hunt for the Planicrons (text story) - not yet translated
The rest have all been translated:

Foreshadows (text story)
Hunt for the Planicrons (text story)
Nissan GT-R / Ultra Magnus (Brilliant Pearl White) (comic)
Alternation (text story)

Note that...
  • These three texts stories are only decently translated and aren't quite a match for the quality of the previous text stories' translations.
  • The Ultra Magnus comic is written in hilariously bad English, with so many grammatical errors that it's just laughable. :lol:
  • The final text story is epically LONG!!! So much longer than any of the previous stories.

lioconvoy wrote:ok returning to an idea about desired molds in triplicut hear's a few ideas that could be considered.
Actually, I think the Alternity line is now over, what with it's story having been concluded and all.

lioconvoy wrote:another thaut i've had.
if the tfu2003 nemesis prime was given the vecter 704 auto avitar and was inducted in to the alternity, would he be the only nemesis prime in the colective?
it's an interesting consideration because all nemesis primes are clones in some kind of manner to optimus, however 704 is the only nemesis to have been a direct clone of an optimus.
personally i believe that he is the only nemesis prime to have joined the colective.

i cant think of another that would join.
nova prime tainted by the dead universe perhaps.
clasics nemesis was created by straxus as a counter but whent mad so again perhaps but not likely.
scourge (rid) was an autobot. perhaps contact with the alternity and the higher plane would make these alternity but i dout it apart from nova who would seem the most logical choice.

the armarda seemed to be constructed primerily from unicron/sideways so seems unlikely. the same from the alternaters nemesis. his spark was uploded from the void and was linked directly from unicron to be disbersed by the protecter (primal)
You might be right about that. Universe 2003 Nemy is really the only one who's a genuine Convoy/Optimus Prime clone. Er... wait. Scratch that. Alternators Nemesis Prime is too. Physically, at least. The clone was created using a subspace impulse cloner, duplicating Optimus' appearance. His spark, however, is a spark fragment of Unicron's own cloning attempt. In other words, it was spawned from Universe Nemy's spark.

Though, Alternators Nemesis is dead anyway. His body (even though this was after it had exploded into shards) was also later repurposed as a new body for Primal.

Plus, I don't think any of these guys would've been inducted into the Alternity unless they had found redemption too, as only Autobots could join the Alternity. The Decepticon version was the Megatron Aggregate (consisting of 667+ Megatrons only). The Questors weren't higher-dimensional beings like the Alternity or the Aggregate, but were merely trans-dimensional beings whose sparks were encased in Alternium (which would allow them to evolve into the higher-dimensional level of existence eventually, but not right away).

lioconvoy wrote:thanks for clarifying that for me sabrblade.
just as a little adition to that to make sure i have what you corect, do you mean that ultimate silver convoy is the grand commander convoy of the alternity and convoy vibrant red is the bt convoy from pre alternity?
Actually, I may need to make a correction. The "Vector 01" silver version is the Convoy/Optimus from the BT World and the "Vector 109" red version is a Convoy/Optimus from... the unspecified world of <Primax 903.0 Beta>. Primax 903.0 Beta is not any particular previously-known world. It's just one that's... just there. It's the setting of the first story and that's all we know of it. It could be any G1 universal stream. Which one it is is just not spelled out. We know nothing of it except that it's where this story begins. Hytherion just chose to make his first appearance in that particular world because he was drawn to Megatron's transwarp ship being stationed there, having lured Hytherion there from world after world.

Now that that's settled, I'm gonna try again with the characters' world IDs:

Cybertrons/Autobots:
Alternity
  • Convoy Ultimate Metal Silver - "Vector 01" - Optimus Prime of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Convoy Vibrant Red - "Vector 109" - Optimus Prime of "Primax 109.0 Beta"
  • Convoy Super Black - "Vector 704" - Universe (2003) Nemesis Prime (World ID not known)
  • Bumble Champion Yellow - "Radius 903" - Bumblebee of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • "Alternity agent" - unknown (we don't know who this guy is, but he looks kinda like the Primus-possessed Emirate Xaaron)
  • Ultra Magnus Brilliant White Pearl - unknown (his collective consciousness includes a G1 Magnus from an unknown reality, which may or may not be the same reality of Megatron Blade Silver)

Protectors
  • Primal the Protector - Optimus Primal (World ID not known)
  • Elita Seven - Super Link Ariel (Energon Arcee) of Aurex 103.10 Alpha (Micron Densetsu/Super Link reality)
  • Cliff Pearl Red - Cliffjumper of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Rewind - unmentioned (likely from the BT World)

Other Cybertrons/Autobots
  • Ultra Magnus - Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Magnus - Ultra Magnus from an unknown reality (possibly the same world as Megatron Blade Silver)
  • Autobot survivors - Magnus's unspecified reality
  • Vector Prime
  • Prowl - unmentioned (likely from the BT World, unmentioned whether he is an Alternity or a Protector)
  • "Masterpiece" Grimlock - Grimlock of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)

Destrons/Decepticons:
Megatron Aggregate
  • Megatron Premium Le Mans Blue/"Megatherion" - Megatron of Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)
  • Megatron Blade Silver - unknown (one theory is that he's the Megatron from "Magnus's" reality)
  • Megatron Diamond Black - Megatron of Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)

Questors
  • Starscream White Pearl - unmentioned (likely from the BT World)
  • Skywarp Witch Purple Pearl - unmentioned (likely from the BT World)
  • Thundercracker Sonic Blue - unmentioned (likely from the BT World)

Other Destrons/Decepticons
  • Bruticus - Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Dinosaurer - Trypticon of Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Menasor - Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Twin Planets - Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • other enemies - Primax 1286.3 Kappa (Convoy no Nazo video game)
  • Reflector - unknown (this version of Reflector is a Pretender)

Unaffiliated beings:
  • Hytherion
  • Planicrons - from Flatworld
    • "Flaternity" - "superior to Alternity"-esque form of the Planicrons
  • Quintessons - from Primax 903.0 Beta (BT World)

Phew! After all that, I'm beat!

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

i have just finished reading the final alternity story and it begs the question ... what comes next and will it be as good and in skail with the alternity
lioconvoy

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion