Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

anime thread

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: anime thread

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I also watched an anime one time when I was a little kid. I saw about three episodes, but I don't remember what it was called. All I remember is it was about a guy who was a swordsmaster and I remember one scene in particular where he trained this one guy to use the sword by having him stand outside and swing a sword while moving his foot.
That's not a very good description, but that's all I remember.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Unicron fan wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Then I can officially say, I have seen no animes.

Wait, unless Zoids, Medabots, or Gundam were? I'm not sure if those were American made or Japanese made.

Unicron Trilogy was Japanese made, only dubbed to English later. :smile:
Armada's English dub came out months before the Japanese version aired.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Lets not forget about the american born anime IGPX, which I'm currently re-watching along with Soul Eater, Naruto, One-Piece and Eureka Seven.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Then I can officially say, I have seen no animes.

Wait, unless Zoids, Medabots, or Gundam were? I'm not sure if those were American made or Japanese made.

Unicron Trilogy was Japanese made, only dubbed to English later. :smile:
Armada's English dub came out months before the Japanese version aired.

But UT is classified as anime anyway, right? :)
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Blademan91 wrote:Lets not forget about the american born anime IGPX

Wait, I definitely watched that one too!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Well, here's a list of ones that have aired in the U.S., having gained popularity to some extent - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_in_the_United_States
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm watchin one called "deadman wonderland" and as the name emplies it is quite graphic and yet strangely entertaining
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Clannad and clannad after story.

Before I give a few of my favorites, and what I'm currently watching, I have to say **** Clannad!!! My anime club was forced to watch the 1st season, then boycotted the second season when some how it got voted in. Best part about it was the female president of the club could understand why no one wanted to watch it and left, while he all stayed to watch High School of the Dead. To which I pointed out the only reason anyone stayed the previous semester for season 1 was to watch Last Exile (which was in the final slot of the meetings that semester).

Now that I have that out.

Favorite Series
Cowboy Bebop
Kids on The Slope
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
Gundam (franchise, with 08th MS Team being my overall favorite)
Digimon (Just got seasons 1 & 2 on DVD)
Legend of Black Heaven

Currently Watching
Attack on Titian
Valvrave the Liberator
Digimon Xros Wars
Space Brothers
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 am

So i take i take you don't like clannad
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 am

ironrod prime wrote:So i take i take you don't like clannad

You can say that. This was mostly due to the one-dimensionality of the characters in addition to the lack of several narrative elements. Mind you this is based only on season 1, because no one in the club wanted to watch the same thing again. While we know that whats her name dies in season 2, the general mind set of the club was "Everyone deserved bad things to happen"

This opposed to Steins;Gate. Which like like Clannad is also based on a dating sim. However unlike Clannad, Steins;Gate has all the narrative elements even with horrible pacing for the first 9 episodes.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum