Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Identify: Not-Quite Transformer (HASBRO/TAKARA)?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Identify: Not-Quite Transformer (HASBRO/TAKARA)?

Postby diathesis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:36 pm

We picked up this transforming robot/spaceship for my son when he was little at a Value Village, not thinking much of it, and I've been curious to identify it.

It doesn't have any obvious Transformer markings (e.g. Decepticon, Autobot logos, at least), although it is marked:
"(C) 2004 HASBRO INC
(C) TAKARA 2004
MADE IN CHINA"

There's a battery compartment and the rocket launcher-y things on his shoulders light up and make firing noises if you press a nearly-invisible button on one of the two.

I haven't had much luck figuring out what this might be on my own, and I thought this group of people might be able to set me straight or at least point me in the right direction. ;)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
diathesis

Re: Identify: Not-Quite Transformer (HASBRO/TAKARA)?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Supreme class Starscream from the 2005 Transformers: Cybertron toyline. Albeit, missing his wings, shoulder weaponry, crown, missile, and two key accessories.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Those pictures gave me flashbacks...
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Which reminds me, I wonder how Takara's gonna handle their Asian exclusive release of this mold.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby diathesis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks, Sabrblade; I thought a couple times that it might be a starscream, but I couldn't find one that looked right and I expected to find a decipticon logo somewhere (apparently on the missing pieces).

I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear it's a Starscream, since he's been watching a lot of Transformers Prime. There's a fair amount missing, but for the $2 or whatever my wife paid, and the sheer size of the figure, I'm pretty pleased in retrospect. ;)
diathesis

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:21 pm

diathesis wrote:I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear it's a Starscream, since he's been watching a lot of Transformers Prime. There's a fair amount missing, but for the $2 or whatever my wife paid, and the sheer size of the figure, I'm pretty pleased in retrospect. ;)

That's a great deal, actually. If I remember correctly, that toy was $50 when it came out.
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 am

I think that could actually be the smaller voyager/ultra size one that didn't have the crown. Not sure.

Just reread it, when you said, size, it makes sense its the supreme.

Ya, Cybertron is easily one of the best lines they ever did as far as toy quality.

I've got nearly every single TF from that line except for Primus and a few of the beastbots like Cryoscourge, nearly every one of them is top notch.

Don't think I have a large version of Vector Prime yet either :(
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

cyberwuss wrote:I think that could actually be the smaller voyager/ultra size one that didn't have the crown. Not sure.
A key difference between the Voyager and the Supreme mold-wise is that the Supreme's nosecone folds inward (as seen in the third pic) while the Voyager's doesn't, as well as the Supreme having purple shoulder vent tubes while the Voyager has golden tubes. ;) :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I think that could actually be the smaller voyager/ultra size one that didn't have the crown. Not sure.
A key difference between the Voyager and the Supreme mold-wise is that the Supreme's nosecone folds inward (as seen in the third pic) while the Voyager's doesn't, as well as the Supreme having purple shoulder vent tubes while the Voyager has golden tubes. ;) :smile:

He also mentions electronic features, which were not present on the Voyager.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion