Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Acquisitions thread

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Acquisitions thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 pm

cyberwuss wrote:looked for new books at BAM like the next novel after Exiles (didn't find it)
It's not even been made yet.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Arms-Mircon Soundwave (cause I can't find a reasonably priced Prime RiD one)

FansProject Function X-01 Code aka Chromdome
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Agent X » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:looked for new books at BAM like the next novel after Exiles (didn't find it)

I've actually posted about the next installment and when it is available in the Book/Comic Forum section.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4465
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Four Movieverse novels arrived in the mail:
  • Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday
  • Transformers
  • Transformers: The Veiled Threat
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
With having gotten the DOTM novel previously, I now own all five movie novels (well, okay, there is the Classified novel trilogy I still have yet to get).

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:09 am

Agent X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I've actually posted about the next installment and when it is available in the Book/Comic Forum section.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4465

I was looking for some other books too, like some art ones and such, that will be close to my birthday (February) so I'll be keeping an eye out for it then.

Anyway, just found the new Generations deluxe/scout sized Optimus + Roller, Megatron + Chopshop, and the Bumblebee one, Megatron looks coolest out of these, but Optimus is a very close second.

I also got a few more Bot Shots, I'm still scared of Kreo blind packs so I stick with Bot Shots instead :p
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Woke up early this morning and, since I didn't have to be at work this morning, I drove all the way across town to the nearest TRU, arriving just six minutes after it opened.

Headed straight for the TF aisle and...

There it was. Sitting by its lonesome in a section all to itself was a single Masterpiece MP-02 Soundwave, surrounded on all sides (via other shelves and pegs) by older, unsold TF product, the newest of which being Prime BH Wave 1 toys and Generations FOC Legends Wave 1 toys (everything else was PRID, older Generations, or Darn of the Moon stuff).

I couldn't believe they actually had the thing. After weeks of phone calls telling me they had none, it was right there, wrapped in a security lock.

However, there as something wrong with it. The box had a gigantic gashing dent running around three sides of its exterior, which had me worried that it might be one of two things: Either A) damaged from the shipment, or B) a returned used item. Worrying me further was the sound of something loose rattling inside of it.

After purchasing it with two $50 gift cards, I opened the box to examine the figure and its accessories before leaving the store. Thankfully, everything seemed to be in order. The loose item turned out to be the instructions. The box seemed to be the only thing that was in bad shape, but knowing that the stuff inside was okay was a relief, especially considering how this was the only Soundwave they had.

No sign of Acid Storm, though.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

I grabbed Darksteel and Skylynx from my local Target.

Funny thing is I was at Walmart just before and say Grimstone.

On a side not my Target both priced lower than the the other Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyagers.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Agent X wrote:Funny thing is I was at Walmart just before and say Grimstone.
There are places that Power Core Combiners are still shelfwarming?! :shock:

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since DOTM just won't go away. :roll:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:40 pm

latest ones I have managed to get are BH Ultra Magnus, and Grimwing voyagers, and Construct-Bots starscream.

They need to make a schoolbus transformer :p, he could be a Rescue Bot lol!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 pm

I just got myself a Steve. It was the car-version and deluxe class. As it was the only Steve there then I found it, I have yet to have an army of them. :)
Unicron fan

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion