Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Discovery

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Discovery

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 pm

How did each of you first discover Transformers?? for me it was when i was 6 or 7, i came downstairs and saw my 2 older brothers watching something with some giant yellow robot. it looked cool so i started watching, got into it, and have been ever since. It was Armada and the yellow robot was Hot Shot. whats your story?
Wing Saber

Re: Discovery

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:43 am

for me i originally saw beastwars and got in to it when i was about 7 and my nan braut me some money for my birthday so i got optimus primal. after that, my stepfather took me and my brother to carboot sails and i lurned about optimus prime and about other transformers from a guy who owned a toy store. i got my furst g1 figure there, the inner body for ultra magnus. after that my interest just peeked and i've wached all the series and always got an optimus prime for christmas for my colection from mmy parants. evidently stuck cos i'm 22 now and i still get a new prime each christmas lol
lioconvoy

Postby skywarp408 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:19 am

Seeing the first original airdate of G1. I was 8 at the time.
skywarp408

Postby O-Packs » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:51 am

I saw G1 Bumblebee In a store called old Canadian store chain called towers(presently deceased)B4 the G1 Cartoon. Just got it cause I like yellow and the s..t looked cool. Then came the show weeks later.Classic,best toy line ever.
O-Packs

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Though I can't remember exactly how old I was, I'm going to assume that I was around 7-8 years-old when I began watching Beast Wars on WB on Sunday mornings right after/before War Planets(I can't remember). I remember when it started airing during the weekdays as well and I had my father tape the episodes for me while I was away at school. Good times. :)

But if you're asking when I had first discovered Transformers then it probably had to have been when my grandmother bought my cousin's and I a used G1 Jetfire and Optimus Prime from a garage sale that some people down the road from us were having to entertain us while we were visiting her. I loved Jetfire and Prime equally but I believe that my cousin's lost him somewhere when they were visiting. :cry:

So yeah, long story short, the first series of toys that actually got me into Transformers was Beast Wars. I still remember my first and second official figure's that were mine alone to own, Beast Wars Manterror and Retrax. I lost Manterror a long time ago after he had been viciously chewed up by our family dog while we were away. I was so sad.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Return to Transformers - General Discussion