Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Repaints

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Now I know most of us don't care too much for rehashes of currently exsisting figures but on some occasions they can tend to be pretty spectacular. What are some of the repaints that you enjoyed? Also, what repaints would you like to see happen? Ex: Galaxy Force Master Megatron into Classics Menasor.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Redeco I enjoyed: Purple Animated Shockwave

Redeco I want to happen: Cybetron Sideways into "Dawn of Future's Past" Onyx Primal
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Enjoyed Redecos: Tripredacus Agent off of Transmetal II Cheetor and the Leo Primes off of the Leo Breakers (despite the name war that ensued -_-).

Redecos I thought should have been done: Override/Nitro Convoy into Dawn of Futures Past Cheetor and Tigatron. Seriously, missed opportunity. They wouldn't have even needed a new head, we could have accepted the head just like we all did with Rhinox. The Clocker repaint was disappointing and the new headsculpt was majorly imperfect. Seriously missed opportunity.

Redecos I want: RiD Optimus Prime and RiD Ultra Magnus redecos into Powermaster Optimus Prime/Jinrai and Apex Bomber/God Bomber respectivley. Seriously, these'd be great and easy to do. Plus, they'd go great with the Botcon exclusive Deathsaurus made off of RiD Megatron/Galvatron from a few years back.

I'd also like to see some of the Classic Legends figures that we saw a few years back get made into full size figures, like Cybertron Optimus Prime into Menasor, or Scourge into Trypticon.
TriPredRavage

Postby Agent X » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 pm

the two i enjoy are Cybetron Sideways as War Within Ratbat
and Cybertron Defender Hot Shot as Roadburster

ive repainted Leo Prime to become Lio Convoy

i'd like to see ROTF Brawl as Bludgeon, and/or RoTF Sideswipe as Hot Rod
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Redeco I enjoyed: Purple Animated Shockwave

Redeco I want to happen: Cybetron Sideways into "Dawn of Future's Past" Onyx Primal

Wow! That does work. I never thought of the figure that way.

Here's a few others that I'd like to see happen:
Energon Shockblast as DOFP Cryotek and perhaps TM2 Megatron pre-dragon mode, Cybertron Unicron into Classics Bludgeon, Movie ROTF Leader Prime into Magnus, Deluxe Movie Brawl into DOFP TM Tarantulas, Movie Blackout into DOFP Maximal Inferno with flamethrower along with a few others that I can't remember right now.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm

TriPredRavage wrote: Plus, they'd go great with the Botcon exclusive Deathsaurus made off of RiD Megatron/Galvatron from a few years back.
How would that work when God Ginrai is from Masterforce and Deszaras is from Victory? I know that God Ginrai did appear in Victory in some brief guest starring roles, but they were very minimal, hardly more than a few short minutes or seconds each time (except for one episode where he was featured throughout it... but only because he was dying). And besides, Deszaras killed God Ginrai incredibly easily. I mean, it was barely even a fight. A few shots of Deszaras' special gun and God Ginrai was on the verge of death. It was like something out of the G1 movie.

Still, I like the idea of using the RiD molds (but maybe the Prime one could be extensively remoded to become a truck?).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 pm

No way, dude! They'd be great! And the reason that it works is because Deathsaurus kills Apex Armor Optimus Prime DEAD! Not that it really matters how it works anyway, afterall, Deathsaurus did appear along side Ironhide and Ratchet, so who cares about the specifics. Fact is, it'd work, it'd be easy, and it'd be great.

And have you actually seen the fight between Deathsaurus and Prime? It's one of my favorites from Victory! Optimus gives it to Deathsaurus good until Deathsaurus manages to get the upper hand. It's pretty much a fight where Optimus shows Star Saber how he SHOULD fight, instead of Star Saber stinking up the battlefield all the time.

For a long time now I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to make a Victory Saber redeco. Meaning a Star Saber and Victory Leo set, but I'm not coming up with too much. The closest thing is repainting Cybertron Megatron/Galvatron into Star Saber and Leo/Nemesis Breaker into Victory Leo. However, I am in NO WAY a fan of this pair and am still trying to find a better option...

Lord Megatron wrote:...Deluxe Movie Brawl into DOFP TM Tarantulas...

No way! The only figure that should ever be DoFP Tarantulus in ANY way is Cybertron Unicron. Think about it! He's got hands like Tarantulus did in BW S1E1, but he also has the spikes to be like his claw hands post-beast mode. Plus, Unicron's tank is so spider-like, it'd be PERFECT! Not to mention that Tarantulus and the Tripredacus Council are supposedly descended from Unicron himself, how could any character be more appropriate!?

Personally, I'd like to see Movie Bonecrusher and Movie Blackout or RotF Blazemaster get made into DoFP Bonecrusher and B'Boom respectively. Bonecrusher's kinda obvious why, but I'll explain B'Boom. B'Boom's Japanese name was Apache; Apaches are a type of Hellicopter, and while I know that the figs don't become apaches per se, I think it works nonetheless.
TriPredRavage

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Ugh... and now my mind is spinning on DoFP figures... okay, here are some more...

Cybertron Thunderblast as Blackarachnia. With a new headsculpt, her boat alt mode could be passed off as like "stasis pod" mode or something. Or it could just be a boat. Realisticly, who cares?

Cybertron Shortround as Depth Charge. He's PERFECT for a pre-Transmetal DoFP Depth Charge mold. His head is even a similar shape to Transmetal Depth Charge's.

Cybertron Scorponok as... well... Scorponok. No need for an explanation with this one, BUT what I'd RATHER see is this figure painted in a more detailed version of the McDonald's Transmetal Scorponok color-scheme from all those years ago. Then he'd even have a Vehicle mode! This is a serious should-happen figure.

Cybertron Blurr as Silverbolt. Silverbolt's line "pure, strong and fast" has always stood out for me on this one and just makes me think of this mold. Plus, Cybertron Blurr was a retooling of Armada Blurr whose name in Japanese was?... SILVERBOLT!! We'd come full circle. How nice.

Personally, I thought that DoFP Megatron should have been Cybertron Vector Prime instead of Cybertron Defense Red Alert. Think about it, they wouldn't have needed a head mold, and the figure already looked pretty much how Megatron did in S1E1 of Beast Wars. I was actually pretty disappointed by the choice they made.

I also really thought that Waspinator's DoFP figure should have been Cybertron Buzz Saw, considering they were the same mold in Beast Wars, but considering that RiD Skyfire was also used to make Beast Wars II Dirge, who later became Dirgegun, a retooling of Beast Wars Waspinator, it was a fair choice as well. It just wasn't my first choice.

As far as Quickstrike and Inferno go, I'm at a loss. I agree that Inferno should be a hellicopter of some sort, but none of the mold's we've seen have been that appropriate. Cybertron Evac and Buzz Saw aren't Inferno-esque enough, and I just don't think that Movie Blackout is either. But, maybe RotF Blazemaster. The name sounds right up Inferno's alley. Hmmm... I'll need to think more on this...
TriPredRavage

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:No way, dude! They'd be great! And the reason that it works is because Deathsaurus kills Apex Armor Optimus Prime DEAD! Not that it really matters how it works anyway, afterall, Deathsaurus did appear along side Ironhide and Ratchet, so who cares about the specifics. Fact is, it'd work, it'd be easy, and it'd be great.

And have you actually seen the fight between Deathsaurus and Prime? It's one of my favorites from Victory! Optimus gives it to Deathsaurus good until Deathsaurus manages to get the upper hand. It's pretty much a fight where Optimus shows Star Saber how he SHOULD fight, instead of Star Saber stinking up the battlefield all the time.

For a long time now I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to make a Victory Saber redeco. Meaning a Star Saber and Victory Leo set, but I'm not coming up with too much. The closest thing is repainting Cybertron Megatron/Galvatron into Star Saber and Leo/Nemesis Breaker into Victory Leo. However, I am in NO WAY a fan of this pair and am still trying to find a better option...

Lord Megatron wrote:...Deluxe Movie Brawl into DOFP TM Tarantulas...

Heh, tell that to my little freind:

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii23 ... iew001.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii23 ... iew002.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii23 ... iew003.jpg

True, the Cybertron Unicron mold might work for the first form Tarantulas, but the not the TM version.

He's not finished being painted but I figured his arm cannon could double as his rocket launcher that he used to attack the Maximal base during Blackarachnia's Core Program removel.
Lord Megatron

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, but a DoFP TRANSMETAL Tarantulus doesn't really make much sense because the entire point of DoFP is to see what came before Beast Wars. And Transmetals was after the original scan, so this is kidna like a "this is what came before what came after..." situation.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I agree that the color scheme does work rather well to at least make what I would call a "Movie Tarantulus" figure, :)
TriPredRavage

Next

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion