Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Identify this part

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Identify this part

Postby OptimusPhillip » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I see my problem: I was trying to get a URL so I did Google Image search and copied the thumbnail URL. I'm now attaching the files to the post. Okay they're not as good as I'd like but they work
Attachments
SUNP0075.JPG
SUNP0074.JPG
SUNP0073.JPG
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Better but blurry.

What color is it in normal lighting?

Can you measure its length and width?

Is it round or flat?

Does it have any pegs or holes or anything that might attach it a larger body?

If so, where are these connection points located on it?

Is it hard plastic or soft plastic? Or some other material?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:1.) What color is it in normal lighting?

2.) Can you measure its length and width?

3.) Is it round or flat?

4.) Does it have any pegs or holes or anything that might attach it a larger body? If so, where are these connection points located on it?

5.) Is it hard plastic or soft plastic? Or some other material?

1.) It's yellowish, but it looks like it's just photodegradation

2.) about 5/8 in long, about 1 1/2 in wide

3.) It's kind of round

4.) There are what look like two really small tabs on the back.

5.) It's soft plastic over a hard plastic
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:03 am

I simply can't tell what it is in those pics, but my gut is telling me that I've seen it before.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 am

I'm thinking about doing a rubbing of it. That might bring out the details which are coming through poorly on camera
OptimusPhillip

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:21 am

The rubbing fell through, so I made this mock-up of the details on SketchUp. If anyone recognizes the pattern, don't hesitate to identify what it is.
Attachments
Unidentified part in SketchUp.PNG
Unidentified part in SketchUp.PNG (4.49 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
OptimusPhillip

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:37 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:The rubbing fell through, so I made this mock-up of the details on SketchUp. If anyone recognizes the pattern, don't hesitate to identify what it is.

Is anyone still following this?
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Well, I guess I'll need to take a close look at my Animated figures to see if they have any parts like that.

But in case it isn't an Animated part, do you have figures from any other TF series in your collection?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, I guess I'll need to take a close look at my Animated figures to see if they have any parts like that.

But in case it isn't an Animated part, do you have figures from any other TF series in your collection?

Yeah. I have a crap-ton of Cybertron toys, a few Armadas, at least one Energon, a few Primes, and a whole crowded shelf of movie toys.
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:43 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, I guess I'll need to take a close look at my Animated figures to see if they have any parts like that.

Yeah. I have a crap-ton of Cybertron toys, a few Armadas, at least one Energon, a few Primes, and a whole crowded shelf of movie toys.
Do you know if the part is old enough to not be a Prime toy part?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion