Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

who do we expect in dotm

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: who do we expect in dotm

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:44 pm

I'd like to see laserbeak the most followed by omega supreme or trypticon. I honestly have no idea who to expect though laserbeak would be the coolest to me especially if they would make more nonminicon style toys of him (legends and scouts/deluxes are okay though I dont care about scale so I would even take a leader class laserbeak :< don't flame me for it though) From what we already KNOW will be in it I like the cast so far but laserbeak would be a great addition. Lock Down or Prowl would be great and welcome too. Maybe an Ultra Magnus or a character like Lugnut. There are tons that could be in small two second appearances like inferno (or jolt :p) in ROTF. And since it is DOTM I would really like a fembot moonracer LOL.
cyberwuss

Postby PORTER » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 am

Robots, I expect to see a bunch of ailen robots with the ability to transform beating the spark out of each other.that's what I expect in dark of the moon XD

But in all honesty I don't really care who shows up in the movie.as long as bay doesn't mess up a character's name with a character who really is annoying (skids and mudflap)
Or twists them into something horrible (jetfire.he was cool but nothing like any previous jetfire, he was elderly and falling apart)

As long as the toys are cool, majority of characters in movie are true to the tf franchise's roots.I will love it.

I mean as long as we get a awesome shockwave toy I'm perfectly excited for D.O.T.M.:D
PORTER

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Characters I want to see that were not in last movie :
Decepticons: Laserbeak, Barricade, Rumble, Astrotrain, thundercracker, skywarp, Nemesis Prime, Unicron, Blitzwing

oops I forgot one! a very unlikely one, but it would be awesome, and a great figure: Tidal Wave
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:26 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Characters I want to see that were not in last movie :
Decepticons: Laserbeak, Barricade, Rumble, Astrotrain, thundercracker, skywarp, Nemesis Prime, Unicron, Blitzwing

oops I forgot one! a very unlikely one, but it would be awesome, and a great figure: Tidal Wave
Interestingly enough, an aircraft carrier TF was considered for the first movie and even had some preliminary artwork made for its CGI model. But, seeing as how it wasn't revisited in the second movie, Lord only knows if they'll trudge those waters again. :idea:

And, this would be just a fanboy's blind wish and likely would never happen, but if they were to bring out an aircraft carrier TF, I'd like for there to be some references to Majin Zarak worked into its design. I mean, sure, Tidal Wave was kinda beast (before he literally turned gay), and Broadside was the aircraft carrier of G1 (even though he's a complete wreck personality-wise), but Majin Zarak is all kinds of Eldrich Abomination awesomesauce. :geek: :mrgreen: 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:even had some preliminary artwork made for its CGI model.

Is the artwork online anywhere?
Sabrblade wrote:Tidal Wave was kinda beast (before he literally turned gay)

Yeah if they made a movie tidal wave it would most likely be more like he was in his first episode: massive and unstoppable, and had almost no personality, seeing as his only words for that episode were "TIDAL WAVE, TIDAL WAVE, TIDAL WAVE"
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:even had some preliminary artwork made for its CGI model.

Is the artwork online anywhere?
Yep and yep.

The idea was scrapped due to it being too costly (and most probably still is).

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Tidal Wave was kinda beast (before he literally turned gay)

Yeah if they made a movie tidal wave it would most likely be more like he was in his first episode: massive and unstoppable, and had almost no personality, seeing as his only words for that episode were "TIDAL WAVE, TIDAL WAVE, TIDAL WAVE"
In the original version, his battle cry was "Shock, Shock, Shock waaaaaaave" and later just "ShockShockShock!" after upgrading to his Mirage body (as his Japanese names were Shockwave [Tidal Wave bodies] and Shockfleet [Mirage]).

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Yep and yep.

I don't see a robot in that, all i see is a huge metal object, I dont see the face, arms, or legs.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

I don't see a robot in that, all i see is a huge metal object, I dont see the face, arms, or legs.

i cant see a head but i can totaly see legs and arms
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:36 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

i cant see a head but i can totaly see legs and arms
Well, I didn't say it was legible artwork. Remember, this is a Bayformer design. Bayformers tend to break the rules of what we perceive as a Robot Mode. :P

Or, it could just be a mid-transformation form of the carrier.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:41 pm

actually, it looks like it has 4 legs, and a big head with green eyes.
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion