Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Obsidian wrote:Hey gang, We have been invited to a special Hasbro Q&A Bonus round; this time with the teams at The Hub and Hasbro Studios, to ask our ONE burning question relating to TF: Prime. Remember, this question is not being submitted to the Hasbro toy group, so only show related questions this time. We'll have to keep our laundry list of TF: Prime toy line related questions for later. So, what's your one burning question? We've got 24 hours to submit a question, so, "put your thinking cap on" and let the suggestions begin.

A few suggestions...
1. If Cybertron had already been infected with Dark Energon is WFC, how was Megatron able to reinfect it in Prime
2. Why did the Transformers act like they had never encountered Dark Energon before?
3. What happened to Soundwave to make him rarely speak?
4. Is episode 2 the last of Cliffjumper?
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Obsidian wrote:Hey gang, We have been invited to a special Hasbro Q&A Bonus round; this time with the teams at The Hub and Hasbro Studios, to ask our ONE burning question relating to TF: Prime. Remember, this question is not being submitted to the Hasbro toy group, so only show related questions this time. We'll have to keep our laundry list of TF: Prime toy line related questions for later. So, what's your one burning question? We've got 24 hours to submit a question, so, "put your thinking cap on" and let the suggestions begin.

1) What occured durring the inital arrival on Earth?
2) Why are so few Autobots based on Earth?
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Here's mine:

"There seems to be a bit of a discrepancy between the properties of the Dark Energon seen in the Exodus novel/War for Cybertron video games and the Dark Energon seen in the Transformers: Prime cartoon. In the novel, Dark Energon is referred to as the "Sparks of Unicron" and acts as an addictive, drug-like power up used by the Decepticons. The War for Cybertron video games portray Dark Energon in a similar manner, but to a less-detailed extant. However, in the Transformers: Prime cartoon, Dark Energon is called the "Blood of Unicron" and acts as a reanimator of the dead, turning its host cadavers into savage, mindless beasts. While the Dark Energon of the games/novel seems to require a living vessel to accommodate it (as, whenever a "Darkened" Decepticon would die in the book, its Dark Energon would leave that corpse behind and pass on to another living Con), the Dark Energon of the cartoon practically thrives on the deceased. Is there an any official distinction between the "Sparks of Unicron" Dark Energon seen in the games/book and the "Blood of Unicron" Dark Energon seen in the Prime cartoon? Are they unique variants of Dark Energon with different properties?"
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Agent X wrote:2) Why are so few Autobots based on Earth?

correct me if im wrong, but I think I can answer that. Because until the first episode, there had been no decepticon activity on earth, so there was no reason for there to be.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:50 pm

is ther gonna be an episode in which megatron uses the dark energon to ressurect the fallen transformers but some how they are all reformated and then choose sides

kinda like what happend in the beast wars comics with the protoforms from the axolon
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:51 am

ironrod prime wrote:is ther gonna be an episode in which megatron uses the dark energon to ressurect the fallen transformers but some how they are all reformated and then choose sides

kinda like what happend in the beast wars comics with the protoforms from the axolon
Sorry, but this was a 24-hour Q&A. The deadline was last Friday.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:is ther gonna be an episode in which megatron uses the dark energon to ressurect the fallen transformers but some how they are all reformated and then choose sides

Sorry, but this was a 24-hour Q&A. The deadline was last Friday.

ah slag :-(
ironrod prime

Postby PORTER » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm

watched the miniseries on youtube two days ago, i loved it!!!

definitly getting the toys now XD
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Episode 6 has aired.

I really like how the Eradicons are speaking and acting like their own individiuals instead of just mindless drones.

I LOVE Starscream's use of the "Emperor of Destruction" title. first we get "Supreme Commander " in Animated, and now this. It is so great to be sharing the Japanese titles of leadership in the American fiction. :grin:

WOOOOOOO!!!!! OPENING SEQUENCE IS GORGEOUS!!!!! A little saddened that there's no vocalized song (a condensed version of Stan Bush's "Till All Are One" would have been perfect), but otherwise, this is a MAJOR step up from the the first five episodes' lack of a proper opening. (Though, why is it that none of the CGI TF series get actual songs for their openings?)

LOL at Soundwave's spinning locator dish.

So, when energon stockpiles were hidden on Earth (as well as other planets) in the distant past, several powerful Decepticon warriors were placed on the planet to guard them. Skyquake was one of them.

Seems that energon cubes have gotten smaller and more "bright bluer" since we saw them in WFC.

I so love how, when Skyquake first said he'd follow only Megatron, Starscream didn't scream "I AM YOUR MASTER NOW! YOU WILL OBEY ME!" in the over-the-top manner of the Starscreams of the past. He instead anticipated that Skyquake wouldn't automatically obey him. That's good planning ahead for this Screamer.

The Battle of Technar, eh? Interesting.

Skyquake reminds me of G1 Thunderwing. All determined and obsessed to carry out his mission, regardless of anything.

Wait, if Skyquake doesn't have a vehicle mode of any kind, then what's with all that jet kibble all over him?

Hey it's Soundwave's Deployer/Not-quite-Laserbeak again! 8-)

And once again, Agent fowler proves how awesome he is by engaging Skyquake in aerial combat. 8-)

Skyquake may be down, but I'm not yet convinced he's out.

LOL at the kids' science project mishaps.

And now, Megs must make his recovery.

All in all, I enjoyed this one.

Also ,according to a Hasbro Q&A with the TFCC, the Eradicons are actually called "Vehicons".

Oh, and the zombies are "Terrorcons".

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 am

there are a few things i loved about this episode.
1. the humans wernt overused.
2. the use of emperor of destruction as a title
3. micron as a unit of distence.
4. megatron's survival but in a damaged state.
5. starscream's shroodness at the start of the episode to be replaced with extreme back stabbing by the end.
6. soundwave's lack of interest in what starscream wanted and his own ajenda to search for megatron culminating in manipulating old screamer in to the search and the subsiquant demoralising of his command.
7. the use of the class catigories such as warrior class and scout class.
perhaps this will be echoed in the toy classes?

fouler is quite cool as a human and hasn't been overused.
ratchet reminds me of doctor macoy from the original startreck with a helthy dose of idelness XD

i love this series so far and i now believe that tfp is 57 episodes long.
lioconvoy

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion