Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:35 pm

I dont know. Had the Q&A thing happened after that episode that would be a good question
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2936
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I like how there are no mindless drones in this series at all. Everyone is their own person with their own thoughts and personalities. Soundwave just chooses not to talk, opting to play back recordings of others instead. And the Vehicons can speak and act to their own accord, they're just not given as much spotlight as the main cast are.

Well, The terrorcons are pretty mindless, probably don't have personalities, and they're only thoughts are probably "BRAAIIINNSSS....."
Well, yeah, you got me. I was mostly referring to those who weren't yet dead (or undead, in their case). :P

Though, I still wonder why Skyquake didn't have an altmode, not even a Cybertronian one. If he wasn't fitted with one, he shouldn't be able to transform even after scanning an altmode.


it could be that he was put into stasis before he could scan one
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:07 am

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I still wonder why Skyquake didn't have an altmode, not even a Cybertronian one. If he wasn't fitted with one, he shouldn't be able to transform even after scanning an altmode.


it could be that he was put into stasis before he could scan one
It's not a matter of having not yet scanned an altmode. It that Optiums said that Skyquake does not have an altmode period. He should be able to transform into anything at all if he has no altmode of any kind. One cannot transform if one has no alternate mode configuration built into them to transform into, regardless of whether it's a Cybertronian or an Earth form. Skyquake was said to not have one, and yet, he was able to transform upon scanning Fowler's jet (prior to this, he apparently couldn't transform at all).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8583
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:
it could be that he was put into stasis before he could scan one
It's not a matter of having not yet scanned an altmode. It that Optiums said that Skyquake does not have an altmode period. He should be able to transform into anything at all if he has no altmode of any kind. One cannot transform if one has no alternate mode configuration built into them to transform into, regardless of whether it's a Cybertronian or an Earth form. Skyquake was said to not have one, and yet, he was able to transform upon scanning Fowler's jet (prior to this, he apparently couldn't transform at all).

maybe he never had one maybe he was just a normal cybertronian that was imprisoned on earth
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:
it could be that he was put into stasis before he could scan one
It's not a matter of having not yet scanned an altmode. It that Optiums said that Skyquake does not have an altmode period. He should be able to transform into anything at all if he has no altmode of any kind. One cannot transform if one has no alternate mode configuration built into them to transform into, regardless of whether it's a Cybertronian or an Earth form. Skyquake was said to not have one, and yet, he was able to transform upon scanning Fowler's jet (prior to this, he apparently couldn't transform at all).

maybe he never had one maybe he was just a normal cybertronian that was imprisoned on earth
That is what I am trying to say.

If he never had one, he wouldn't have the ability to transform. A Cybertronian needs to have an alternate mode of some kind to transform into. If one does not have an altmode of any kind, then he would not have the ability to transform at all. His body would lack the internal mechanisms and functions that enable him to undergo the process of transformation.

but since Skyquake was said to have to no altmode, transformation for him should be an impossible feat, regardless of whether or not his scans a form for his altmode to take on. Since he had no altmode, scanning would be rendered useless since he would lack an altmode for the scan to mimic.

Skyquake not having an altmode means that he was not built with the ability to transform at all, as having an altmode is an integral part of the transformation process. Becuase of this, he would be just an ordinary robot.

His ability to transform after scanning Fowler's jet can be described as nothing but miraculous.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8583
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:20 pm

the only thing that makes sence is that skyquake was fitted with the tech to transform but never found something to skan back on cybertron. perhaps the referance to him not having an alt mode means an earth alt mode or perhaps in the past he had an alt mode but got rid of it for some reason. enigmatic 2 say the least
lioconvoy
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am
Location: chesterfield england

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:41 am

lioconvoy wrote:the only thing that makes sence is that skyquake was fitted with the tech to transform but never found something to skan back on cybertron. perhaps the referance to him not having an alt mode means an earth alt mode or perhaps in the past he had an alt mode but got rid of it for some reason. enigmatic 2 say the least

i was thinking somthing along the same lines like maybe he had the ability to transform but he just never chose an alt mode because he was captured before he could choose one
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:05 am

ironrod prime wrote:
lioconvoy wrote:the only thing that makes sence is that skyquake was fitted with the tech to transform but never found something to skan back on cybertron. perhaps the referance to him not having an alt mode means an earth alt mode or perhaps in the past he had an alt mode but got rid of it for some reason. enigmatic 2 say the least

i was thinking somthing along the same lines like maybe he had the ability to transform but he just never chose an alt mode because he was captured before he could choose one
wouldn't that make him a Protoform, then? He clearly wasn't, what with all that altmode kibble he had on him. Protoforms are basically naked transformers with the most basic of body features. Skyquake's body was too detailed to be a Protoform.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8583
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:
lioconvoy wrote:the only thing that makes sence is that skyquake was fitted with the tech to transform but never found something to skan back on cybertron. perhaps the referance to him not having an alt mode means an earth alt mode or perhaps in the past he had an alt mode but got rid of it for some reason. enigmatic 2 say the least

i was thinking somthing along the same lines like maybe he had the ability to transform but he just never chose an alt mode because he was captured before he could choose one
wouldn't that make him a Protoform, then? He clearly wasn't, what with all that altmode kibble he had on him. Protoforms are basically naked transformers with the most basic of body features. Skyquake's body was too detailed to be a Protoform.

not nesiserily maybe skyquake was built from old cybertronian aircraft

it would explain all the kible
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:17 pm

ironrod prime wrote:not nesiserily maybe skyquake was built from old cybertronian aircraft

it would explain all the kible
Then why would he be unable to turn into said aircraft if he were made from it?

Then again, this is unlikely, as Exodus revealed that all Cybertronians are birthed from the AllSpark inside the Well of All Sparks. Once they make it out of the Underworld to the surface, they are immediately inserted into a specific, predetermined caste rank (back when the caste system was enacted), in which they are taught how to transform and given their specifically assigned careers.

Due to the strictness of the caste system, it would not be realistically possible for one to simply *not* be taught how to transform.

But thinking about it more, since the war has been going on for millions of years by the time of the cartoon, perhaps Skyquake came online after the war began (which was after the fall of the caste system) but before the Well temporarily shut down. That would give Skyquake some elbow room to come online at a point where learning how to transform wouldn't be something of a law to abide by.

Still, though, you'd think that teaching transformation would be a valuable asset to the war. So it still begs the question as to why Skyquake wouldn't have learned such. Which would also still beg the question of how he was able to transform after scanning Fowler's jet if he did not know how to transform.

Oy yi yi, Skyquake is giving me a headache. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8583
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest