Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:not nesiserily maybe skyquake was built from old cybertronian aircraft

it would explain all the kible
Then why would he be unable to turn into said aircraft if he were made from it?

Then again, this is unlikely, as Exodus revealed that all Cybertronians are birthed from the AllSpark inside the Well of All Sparks. Once they make it out of the Underworld to the surface, they are immediately inserted into a specific, predetermined caste rank (back when the caste system was enacted), in which they are taught how to transform and given their specifically assigned careers.

Due to the strictness of the caste system, it would not be realistically possible for one to simply *not* be taught how to transform.

But thinking about it more, since the war has been going on for millions of years by the time of the cartoon, perhaps Skyquake came online after the war began (which was after the fall of the caste system) but before the Well temporarily shut down. That would give Skyquake some elbow room to come online at a point where learning how to transform wouldn't be something of a law to abide by.

Still, though, you'd think that teaching transformation would be a valuable asset to the war. So it still begs the question as to why Skyquake wouldn't have learned such. Which would also still beg the question of how he was able to transform after scanning Fowler's jet if he did not know how to transform.

Oy yi yi, Skyquake is giving me a headache. :|

ok so what if skyquake was built from scratch and he was taught how to transform but the parts he was made from were not compatible with each other and before he could scan a new vehichle he was captured
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Didn't Hasbro say in the begining that they veering away from any established continuity with Prime? My guess is he was built with the ability to transform, he just never felt the need to scan a vehicle until the battle with Optimus
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok so what if skyquake was built from scratch and he was taught how to transform but the parts he was made from were not compatible with each other and before he could scan a new vehichle he was captured
Wait, what? Why would he be built from scratch? All TFs in this continuity are birthed as Protoforms in the Well. If he were built from scratch, how would he be endowed with a Spark?

And regardless of that matter, why would his parts be incompatible with each other? I really don't think his creator would be that careless and/or erroneous. Otherwise, I don't think he would be able to function (much less live) if his maker made enough mistakes to make an incoherent body.

Wing Saber wrote:Didn't Hasbro say in the begining that they veering away from any established continuity with Prime?
They said that about the whole of the modern aligned canon, which includes WFC, Exodus, and Prime.

Wing Saber wrote:My guess is he was built with the ability to transform, he just never felt the need to scan a vehicle until the battle with Optimus
Even still, he'd have to have a Cybertronian a vehicle mode, yet he was stated to not have one at all.

And if Optimus just meant that he didn't have an Earth one, he'd still have his Cybertronian one and should have been able to transform into that.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm

think about it if the decepticons built him theyed just use a spark from another bot/con

and maybe he was built from scratch because the cons were desperate
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 am

ironrod prime wrote:think about it if the decepticons built him theyed just use a spark from another bot/con

and maybe he was built from scratch because the cons were desperate
but they had no reason to be desperate. They were winning the war! They had the Autobots on their last limbs. They already outnumbered the Autobots to a significant level and had the powers of Dark Energon at their leisure disposal. The Decepticons would have easily won had the Autobots not escaped from Cybertron at the last instant.

Besides, these Decepticons weren't the kind who would take the time to create new soldiers from scratch. They'd instead recruit more comrades to their side through charisma or force, or they'd simply try to make their existing forces stronger. The only Decepticon who had the technical know-how to do what you're suggesting was Shockwave, yet his science skills were put to use in simply upgrading the Decepticon forces (like, granting some of the Constructicons and the Combaticons the ability to combine). His biggest contribution to the war was the retrofitting of Trypticon Station into "something more" ( ;) ), while also handling the production of Dark Energon during his spare time.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:55 pm

ok so im stumped :?
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok so im stumped :?
Have you read Exodus yet?

Megatron's Decepticon forces primarily consisted of ex-gladiator thugs, remnants of the Seeker Air Command, a few scientific minds working under Shockwave, and former industrial workers/miners; all/most of whom had felt oppressed by the caste system.

What's say you and I just let the Skyquake enigma be put to rest and call it a continuity error? Cuz, frankly, we're going in circles with it. :roll: ;)

Unless, of course, you or anyone else has anything new to add to this?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:ok so im stumped :?
Have you read Exodus yet?

Megatron's Decepticon forces primarily consisted of ex-gladiator thugs, remnants of the Seeker Air Command, a few scientific minds working under Shockwave, and former industrial workers/miners; all/most of whom had felt oppressed by the caste system.

What's say you and I just let the Skyquake enigma be put to rest and call it a continuity error? Cuz, frankly, we're going in circles with it. :roll: ;)

Unless, of course, you or anyone else has anything new to add to this?

yeah ok sure

so when do you think megatron is comming back to life
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 pm

ironrod prime wrote:so when do you think megatron is comming back to life

Either in a few episodes or at the end of the season.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:so when do you think megatron is comming back to life

Either in a few episodes or at the end of the season.

sounds about right
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion