Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

original thirteen

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: original thirteen

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 am

ok thanks for the site sab i am now a member and i have dion on the way aswell as topspin so only 1 limb to go now for nexus

on a slightly different note, how long do you think it will be before hasbro decides to make a repain of sentinal prime from dotm to reprisent alpha trion?
i would say it's verry likely that it will happen whether it be leader class or cyberverse
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 am

I dunno. They've already done an Alpha Trion not too long ago and they've never used any Movie molds (I think I once read that they don't use those for BotCon figures for some reason)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks to TF: Prime episode 24 and TFWiki, we have some good (or, at least, decent) looks at the Thirteen as they appear in the modern Aligned Continuity.

Here they are together (well, 11 of them).

And in battle (still 11).

At the Well of All Sparks (Where are the other two?)

And now for some good guesses as to who's who.

Since he's placed up front (and looks close enough), this might be Prima.

Likely Alpha Trion

Maybe the Liege Maximo

SO totally Vector Prime! :D

Probably Nexus Prime (the dude with the visor, not the dude on the left)

Looks feminine enough to be Solus Prime. Supported by her wielding the Magnus Hammer and being a weaponsmith.

This isn't pictured yet, but I'm guessing that Megatronus Prime is the the big hulking guy with the fiery eyes and sparkly body seen in the first three pics.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:14 pm

im pretty sure the guy in the far top right of the first pic is nova prime
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:25 pm

ironrod prime wrote:im pretty sure the guy in the far top right of the first pic is nova prime
But Nova Prime isn't one of the 13. :|

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:52 pm

he kinda looks like him though
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:54 pm

That one you said is Vector Prime... don't see it
I'm very curious as to who the one with in the glowing ball is!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Wing Saber wrote:That one you said is Vector Prime... don't see it
I didn't see it either, until TFWiki pointed this guy out and I thought about this for a moment. Remember when I described to you what Vector Prime's redesign shown at BotCon looked like? Well, of the 11 Primes shown here, this one bears the closest resemblance to that redesign. This bot pictured here has a dial on his chest like Vector Prime does (both in his Cybertron design and his new design). He has notches on his forhead that resemble those seen on the forehead of the Autobot symbol (and Vector Prime's face was designed to look like the Autobot symbol). And a closer look at this bot will reveal a mustached beard, which Vector Prime's BotCon design had. Though, his shoulder pads and cape appear to be missing or at least hidden from view.

However, it should be noted that the new 13er redesigns shown at BotCon were taken from out of Hasbro's production bible, which has designs for this series (Prime, WFC, Exodus, Exiles, WFC2, etc.) that look a little different from the final versions. Compare their Earth-style Optimus Prime to the one shown in the cartoon. Quite a difference even though it represents the same guy. So, I guess I shouldn't take BotCon designs as gospel, but they could still be used for clues as to who's who in these images. And of the 11 bots shown here, the aforementioned one is the one that bears the most resemblance to any design of Vector Prime. :D

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Compare their Earth-style Optimus Prime to the one shown in the cartoon. Quite a difference even though it represents the same guy.

:shock: That Optimus is WAY better!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Compare their Earth-style Optimus Prime to the one shown in the cartoon. Quite a difference even though it represents the same guy.

:shock: That Optimus is WAY better!
Since it's a concept I wonder if it'll ever get used in some form of fiction. Though, this pic was taken from the Vault book. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion