Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Who should voice DOTM Shockwave?

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Who should voice DOTM Shockwave?

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Corey Burton, the actor who voiced both G1 Shockwave and Animated Shockwave, has stated that he will not and cannot voice Shockwave in the upcoming DOTM movie:
I wish them nothing but the very best for the wildly successful franchise; and have practically no interest in that kind of mega-budget movie enterprise involvement. I'm much too busy as it is, and thoroughly rewarded already many times over for the work I've done under the Transformers brand.
I thus ask you all who you think should play the role of Shockwave in the third Transformers movie?

Since Burton is out of the question, I myself feel that there is only one logical choice.
No, not Leonard Nimoy, but none other than David Warner. (Wikipedia, IMDB, BtVA)

I say this for two reasons:

1. Burton's Shockwave voice had been an impression of Warner's own voice. Burton had based his Shockwave voice off of that of Warner's Sark character from the first Tron movie, and years later, Burton would go on to be the voice of Sark in the Kingdom Hearts video games. So, it's almost as though David Warner had (spiritually) been the true voice of Shockwave all along.

2. Corey Burton himself has heard word that Warner is being considered for the role of DOTM Shockwave, and he fully supports this:
It is rumored that David Warner himself has been under consideration for the next live-action/CGI movie production, as Shockwave - which I feel is entirely appropriate, given Mr. Bay's propensity for casting Screen Personalities over multi-voiced off-camera "cartoon" character voice actors - and Mr. Warner's outstanding history of consistently vivid and "savory" character performances (a much under-appreciated and impressively versatile master craftsman in the fine art of Acting, across the entire spectrum of audio/visual performance media).
If the voice of Shockwave himself believes this man to be the ideal choice, I see no other option to consider here.

Still, though, if anyone thinks differently and has another idea for DOTM Shockwave's voice then, by all means, tell us who and why. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Who should voice DOTM Shockwave?

Postby TriPredRavage » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 pm

ME! :twisted:

No, actually, I think David Warner would be a fantastic choice. I'd love to hear him voice Shockwave.
TriPredRavage

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:08 pm

????? shawn conry

really though id like to see jonathan frakes take a whack at it
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 pm

ironrod prime wrote:????? shawn conry

really though id like to see jonathan frakes take a whack at it
Oh, Sean Connery would be a cool choice. As would Jonathan Frakes. Either Bond 1 and Riker as Shockwave sounds cool to me. 8-)

I still stand by Warner, though.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Definitely Warner for Shockwave.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby Agent X » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

hum...Jonathan Frakes..... i guess Xanatos would work
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:51 am

Speaking of voices, has it been revealed who will be voicing Sentinal Prime? If not, I think Liam Neeson would be the superb choice
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 am

Wing Saber wrote:Speaking of voices, has it been revealed who will be voicing Sentinal Prime? If not, I think Liam Neeson would be the superb choice

Leonard Nimoy
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 am

TriPredRavage wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Speaking of voices, has it been revealed who will be voicing Sentinal Prime? If not, I think Liam Neeson would be the superb choice

Leonard Nimoy
What TPR said. ;)

Coincidentally, though, Liam Neeson was one of the choices Michael Bay considered for Optimus in Movie 1 before Peter Cullen was brought up.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Coincidentally, though, Liam Neeson was one of the choices Michael Bay considered for Optimus in Movie 1 before Peter Cullen was brought up.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME!
Wing Saber

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion