Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

"Bee in the City" - Where does it fit?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

"Bee in the City" - Where does it fit?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 11, 2011 10:57 am

For those you unaware, "Bee in the City" was a live script reading performed at BotCon 2008, starring David Kaye, Tara Strong, Bumper Robinson, Marty Isenberg, and fan voices Anastasia Matejka (A.K.A. Fairlady Z of TFW2005) and Chris Ho (A.K.A. Vangelus).

It took place as a crossover between the Animated cartoon and the TFCC TransTech comics, in which characters from the TFA cartoon were accidentally transported into the world of TransTech. Hilarity ensues. :lol:

It starred Animated Optimus Prime, Animated Bumblebee, Sari Sumdac, Isaac Sumdac, G1 Flareup, TransTech Shockwave, and... er, um, "Joe". ;)

Now, before I ask my question, if you have not yet viewed this story, I kindly ask that you please do so, as it pertains directly to events oft his story (and those of the Animated cartoon).

Now then, here is my question. Where exactly would the events of this story fall into place in regards to the continuity of the Animated cartoon? In regards to the TranTech fiction, it's apparently set before the rest of that series' fiction, but what about the Animated cartoon?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: "Bee in the City" - Where does it fit?

Postby Blademan91 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm

My Best guess is somewhere in the middle of season 1, but it could have been in season three when bulkhead and Issac were building the space bridge.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby ironrod prime » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

well by all means of logic that pertains to giant machanical aliens from a distent galaxy that crashed landed on earth......it doesnt make a lick of sense
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Thinking about it more, it would have to take place at some point during the first season at best. Though, there are still a few things iffy about this.

Here's what we know from the videos:
  • It was performed on April 25, 2008, the same day airdate as "Mission Accomplished".
  • The Autobots say they're in no hurry to return home to Cybertron, so it likely doesn't take place in season 3 (in which they're trying to get back to warn everyone about Shockwave).
  • Sari is still a little kid and doesn't know about her Cybertronain nature, so it's gotta come before the season 2 finale.
  • Bumblebee mentions knowing of Lugnut, so it has to come after having met him in "Lost and Found".
  • Isaac Sumdac is not being held captive by the Decepticons, so it can't take place during season 2.
  • Bumblebee also mentions Grimlock, so it's gotta come after "Blast from the Past". Although, it wasn't made known to the Autobots (aside from Prowl and Bulkhead) that the Dinobots were alive and well until the season 1 finale, during which there would have been no time for the events of this script reading to occur. Not to mention that Sumdac gets captured at the end of 2-parter. I think the only way possible for this to fit would be if Bumblebee had been told about the Dinobots' survival and sentience at some point prior to Optimus' own finding out. Like, after "Survival of the Fittest", in which Prowl, Bulkhead, and Sari first learn of the Dinobots' ability to transform (though, it would have been the only time where 'Bee actually kept his mouth shut about something so big without accidentally blurting it out in front of Optimus. :P :roll: )
So, aside from Bumblebee's knowing of Grimlock's existence, I'd say that it would best occur at some point after "Survival of the Fittest" and before "Nature Calls" (as that episode links directly in with the "Megatron Rising" finale). Somewhere around episode 13, "Headmaster". Either before or after it.

...Though, that now begs the question as to whether it would occur before or after "Headmaster". :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion