Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Silverbolt

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: Silverbolt

Postby ironrod prime » Tue May 17, 2011 4:59 pm

sorry saber but im gonna have to go with x on this one

Computing Dictionary

spoiler definition

1. A remark which reveals important plot elements from books or movies, thus denying the reader (of the article) the proper suspense when reading the book or watching the movie.

taken straight from dictionary.com
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Even still, it was publicly announced over a year ago. It's not our fault that TPR didn't know until now. It's been written on the TFWiki page for the movie since February of 2010. Anyone could have gone and saw it without difficulty.

We can't be expected to keep silent about every little thing that has been told to us since the public leaks began. Otherwise, we might as well not even discuss the movie at all.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ok so let me throw this out there then

i propose an "individual spoiler' act meaning if not every individual person on this forum has knowledge of a certian topic then that topic shall not be posted (this of course would pertian to movie, cartoon, and comic information only toys are fair game)
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok so let me throw this out there then

i propose an "individual spoiler' act meaning if not every individual person on this forum has knowledge of a certian topic then that topic shall not be posted (this of course would pertian to movie, cartoon, and comic information only toys are fair game)

how do we know if they do or don't?
Wing Saber

Postby DocWho » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It's not really a spoiler since this was stated a long LONG time ago. And there's next to no information about the guy other than James Avery voicing him. He's a complete mystery to us all.

As for the latter bit, I don't think we have a general DOTM thread here, so I wouldn't say Wing Saber was out of line in this in any way.
Uh, it technically is a spoiler as it pertains to the movie and someone (me) didn't know it, regardless of how old the information is (it's like telling someone who's never seen Star Wars that Darth Vader is Luke's father. It doesn't matter how long the movie's been out, it's still a spoiler). Second, seeing as the intention of the topic is to learn if there is any other information on the character, the overall topic is about spoilers for the character.

Vader being Luke's father is so deeply ingrained into popular culture that you'd have to look really hard to find somebody who doesn't know it. It's like Rosebud is the sled, Soylent Green is people, the Planet of the Apes was Earth all along, Bruce Willis is dead, and To Serve Man is a cookbook.

It's all pretty well-known stuff.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby ironrod prime » Thu May 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Wing Saber wrote:how do we know if they do or don't?

simple you ask if they say no you dont show
ironrod prime

Postby lioconvoy » Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 am

i am with sabrblade and wingsaber hear.
yes you have the dictionary definition of spoiler but the news that uncle phil has been slated to join dotm as silverbolt has been know for a year and was big news on every site that poasted it.
there is no spoiler acts on this site. i think that if you arn't interested or don't want to know that you shouldn't read the thred.
its all fare game if we choose to poast something. to complain about it is foolish when you could simply egnore it and move on.

and snape killes dumbledoor lol
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am

ironrod prime wrote:

If you ask them if they don't know about something and they really didn't know about it, then they are spoiled anyway by asking them because they are thus being told about it when being asked about it. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri May 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:

If you ask them if they don't know about something and they really didn't know about it, then they are spoiled anyway by asking them because they are thus being told about it when being asked about it. ;)

not really like this topic

you could ask

did you know that james avery will be in dotm

you dont have to say who he plays or when and where the info was released
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:not really like this topic

you could ask

did you know that james avery will be in dotm

you dont have to say who he plays or when and where the info was released
That's still revealing that he's in DOTM. Even if you don't say who he plays, just that fact that he's in it is a spoiler by itself.

And, the topic was asking about Silverbolt himself, asking about anything besides his voice actor.

We could have asked about Sentinel Prime to someone who also didn't know about his being in the film and that would be spoiling too. Yes, there are still people out there who want to see the movie yet don't know about Sentinel being in it. I myself have talked to about three people who are fans of the movies yet knew nothing of Sentinel being in the new movie.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion