Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Irritated with Hasbro and Shout! Factory >:(

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Irritated with Hasbro and Shout! Factory >:(

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 pm

ironrod prime wrote:to you maybe but to someone who never saw the original subbed episodes they might work just fine

maybe this is hasbros way of mixing it up a bit
If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Why can't the dialogue be judged by its own merit rather than by someone else's reworking of it?

Plenty of other toyetic children's anime get accurate subtitles for their DVD releases. Why should these be denied the same treatment? Why settle for less than the best possible quality?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 pm

you do realize you are refering to an 80's cartoon with numerous animation errors right
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

ironrod prime wrote:you do realize you are refering to an 80's cartoon with numerous animation errors right
What do animation errors have to do with this? That is beyond the point.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm

hey your the one who brought up best quality i was just pointing out the no amount of good subtittles can make a badly animated show good
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm

ironrod prime wrote:hey your the one who brought up best quality i was just pointing out the no amount of good subtittles can make a badly animated show good
Best subtitle quality, not visual quality. Meaning, the most faithfully-accurate that the translations can be in adhering to the spoken dialogue, as well as lacking in any errors in spelling and grammar, with each line appearing on screen with the appropriate timing for each.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 pm

then i go back to my first statemeant

your like the kid on christmas who wants a prime but gets a megatron
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 pm

ironrod prime wrote:your like the kid on christmas who wants a prime but gets a megatron
But why settle for anything less than the truth? These subs aren't stating what's truly being said.

Shout! said that these were gonna be faithful translations, yet they are not.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 pm

what makes you so sure they were lying
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 pm

ironrod prime wrote:what makes you so sure they were lying
I'm not saying that they were lying, but simply that they didn't live up to their word of these being accurate.

The "truth" I was referring to was the trueness of the subs, not the company's word. Sorry for any misconception on that.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:30 pm

no i mean what makes you think theese subs arent acurate
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion