Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Your Collection

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Your Collection

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:58 am

Here recently, I've been wondering how my collection stacks off against others' collections as far as quantity. I currently own 268 figures in my collection and I'm looking to expand but I need to slow down on my buying rate due to my moving out of the house.

It took me about 14 years to accumulate this many figures(not including the ones that I used for customs) and I really don't think I would want to go back and collect this many again so I plan on keeping them.

How does my collection compare to yours?
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Re: Your Collection

Postby ShyGod » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

364 figs, more if you include Robot Heroes, Revoltech, and smaller Titanium figs. collection started in 1996 with Beast Wars' Armordillo. Newest purchase was movie Scout class Ransack. 6 bookshelves each with 5 shelves. (An entire shelf of non-aligned Minicons, jeeeeeze) have a little bit of (almost) every line since BW. .. BW, BM, Machine Wars, BW 10th, Aleternators, Armada, Cybertron, RID, Robot Heroes, Classics, Universe 2.0, Movie 07, Animated, Movie 09, even a Masterpiece. No imports.

No convention exclusives, nothing from Energon (unless you count the Classics Devastator, it being a repaint) and nothing from the old Universe line. Least favorite toy in my collection would EASILY be that monstrosity Leobreaker. Favorite? hmmm. Way too hard to tell.

Might provide pictures later.
"Et In Arcadia Ego Sum"
ShyGod

Postby Blasten Blaster » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 am

I've always loved transformers but up until the time Energon came out on T.V. be caused i cared more about about Gundam and power rangers. until energon came out i had 10 figures tops but since then... well just look below

283 TF's bots
+7 with Combiners personalities
+15 Counting Doubles
+4 non-Transformers Transformer (i.e. Star Wars, Marvel, etc.)
+1 road warrior
+2 (maybe) the autographed BW TM Rattrap and Silverbolt figure i got, TY Lukis Bros
for a grandaddy Total: of 310-312 transformers give or take a few
More great souds comin' your way!
Blasten Blaster

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 pm

The only "exclusive" figures that I own are some of the collectors club exclusives and my FansProject City Commander set, but I really wouldn't count him. I have more rare figures than exclusives though. I own a boxed Beast Wars Transmetals Optimus Primal autographed by GC, a boxed Beast Wars Transmetals Megatron autographed by DK, along with a few others.

Wait, so we can include revoltechs? Ok, then bump the original number up by 3.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Blasten Blaster » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:21 pm

ya i have the rare Japanese G1 trainbots or a knockoff version but i've compared it with the real one and its not much different at all so i count it as a regular bot(s)
Blasten Blaster

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:37 am

Blasten Blaster wrote:ya i have the rare Japanese G1 trainbots or a knockoff version but i've compared it with the real one and its not much different at all so i count it as a regular bot(s)

Do you know if the Destroy Monarch G1 Megatron knock-off is any good? I was considering buying a few.
Lord Megatron

Postby Blasten Blaster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:32 pm

You know i don't really care about that ever since Masterpiece Megatron was released. i plan to buy that and an original G1 Megatron and that'll be it for my Megatron's who have gun alt forms

Sorry!
Blasten Blaster

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 pm

I see, I can't get enough G1 Megatron-y goodness!
I'll buy it simply for the gun mode. I already own a G1 Megatron, the G1 Megatron reissue, G1 Megaplex, and Masterpiece Megatron and while I enjoy the looks of the Masterpiece Megatron, I still feel that he leaves MUCH to be desired. I pretty sure that FansProject could clear this up with an add on set but for some reason they haven't, go figure.
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Lord Megatron wrote:I see, I can't get enough G1 Megatron-y goodness!
I'll buy it simply for the gun mode. I already own a G1 Megatron, the G1 Megatron reissue, G1 Megaplex, and Masterpiece Megatron and while I enjoy the looks of the Masterpiece Megatron, I still feel that he leaves MUCH to be desired. I pretty sure that FansProject could clear this up with an add on set but for some reason they haven't, go figure.
Haven't you heard of the Justitoys MP5 Upgrade Package for Masterpiece Megatron? (ignore that it says "gundam").
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blasten Blaster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 pm

just dont get me wrong i love G1 megs and every thing about him but i cant spend a whole lot of money on him and other variations when theres a million other TF's that need me to buy them
Blasten Blaster

Next

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion