Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Two goofy cartoon questions

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Two goofy cartoon questions

Postby starry* *night » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Question 1 :When did "Obsidain" first appear or in what Series ??

Question 2 :I have memories of 2 Transformers animation, not cgi, cartoon segment scenes I think
but I can't place them so I also wanted to know if they ring any bells with somebody??

1 segment I remember seeing had 'Sharkticon' (a real shark-like looking version) appearing in a Episode characterized as a treasure hunter with no affiliation who attacked an Autobot water base,
I think I saw a Blue Helicopter version of Obsidian as part of the same segment or episode??

And the other scene was at the beginning of an Episode where a Decepticon
Starscream i think was sitting on the floor in a hallway looking place inside a base playing Solitaire card game and wouldn't come when Megatron put out a bulletin for everybody to assemble ?

I saw both of these things before I was really a TF fan as just something that happened to have been left on the t.v. by somebody -- it was way after G1 but I had not at that time watched G1 cartoon either -- I had G1 toys but I only really got steadily interested in TF at the time of the Energon series.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Re: Two goofy cartoon questions

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 am

starry* *night wrote:Question 1 :When did "Obsidain" first appear or in what Series ??
Beast Machines, episode 20 - "Sparkwar Pt. I: The Strike"

starry* *night wrote:Question 2 :I have memories of 2 Transformers animation, not cgi, cartoon segment scenes I think
but I can't place them so I also wanted to know if they ring any bells with somebody??

1 segment I remember seeing had 'Sharkticon' (a real shark-like looking version) appearing in a Episode characterized as a treasure hunter with no affiliation who attacked an Autobot water base,
I think I saw a Blue Helicopter version of Obsidian as part of the same segment or episode??
Ehh... doesn't ring any bells. :? :?: :|

starry* *night wrote:And the other scene was at the beginning of an Episode where a Decepticon
Starscream i think was sitting on the floor in a hallway looking place inside a base playing Solitaire card game and wouldn't come when Megatron put out a bulletin for everybody to assemble ?
...Starscream... playing Solitaire? :?: :?: :?:

starry* *night wrote:I saw both of these things before I was really a TF fan as just something that happened to have been left on the t.v. by somebody -- it was way after G1 but I had not at that time watched G1 cartoon either -- I had G1 toys but I only really got steadily interested in TF at the time of the Energon series.
Can you remember any other details?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:52 am

That's why I said the questions were goofy

But I do absolutely remember seeing those 2 things when I was about 10
or so
and I did know the difference between TF and other robots at the time.
I don't know that it was Solitaire but he was sitting on the floor playing a card game
(and wouldn't interrupt it for Megatron : ) and I didn't see any more than the first 2-3 minutes I think we left right after the Deceps assembled.

On the Sharkticon one I came in in the middle and saw half the Episode but that's the only thing I remember happening.

Also my first impression of Obsidian from a long time back was that he was a Blue Helicopter character but
I don't know right now if he had that form until the Universe Toy so I don't know what I ever saw regarding him either. He was the one I was most curious about.
Last edited by starry* *night on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:10 am

This is Obsidian (on the left)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 am

the only blue helicopter i can think of is coptor but hes a go-bot
ironrod prime

Postby starry* *night » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 am

^ Well my brother does have the Universe toy which is a blue double-prop Helicopter -- Unless (since it came as a boxed set of 2) unless the other toy in the box was named Obsidian.

But we got that set a couple years after I thought I first remembered seeing him.
Last edited by starry* *night on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 am

The only cartoon Obsidian was in was Beast Machines, and that was in CGI. No redeco of his toy has been used to represent any other character from any other cartoon.

Here's what he looked like in vehicle mode.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Cool picture

Okay

The Universe Blue one was packaged with Tankor-in-camouflage colors
and that's our set. I was pretty sure they didn't switch the names, you never know these days though ;)

Since they slap older names on a wide variety of vehicles.
Last edited by starry* *night on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
starry* *night

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 pm

oddly enough the tank drone (which most including myself believe to be a better representation of tankor) was re-decked and re-named stockade
ironrod prime

Postby starry* *night » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 pm

A site tracking down listing in pictures the really differing models of each individual character -- in order of production\age would be pretty darn interesting.
starry* *night

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion