Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Two goofy cartoon questions

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Two goofy cartoon questions

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 pm

OH OH OH
starry* *night wrote:1 segment I remember seeing had 'Sharkticon' (a real shark-like looking version) appearing in a Episode characterized as a treasure hunter with no affiliation who attacked an Autobot water base,
I think I saw a Blue Helicopter version of Obsidian as part of the same segment or episode??

was this the sharkticon?
Wing Saber

Postby starry* *night » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Wing Saber wrote:OH OH OH
starry* *night wrote:1 segment I remember seeing had 'Sharkticon' (a real shark-like looking version) appearing in a Episode characterized as a treasure hunter with no affiliation who attacked an Autobot water base,
I think I saw a Blue Helicopter version of Obsidian as part of the same segment or episode??

was this the sharkticon?

I'd have to think that was right.
he's RID ? is he?
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:01 pm

starry* *night wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:OH OH OH

was this the sharkticon?

I'd have to think that was right.
he's RID ? is he?

yep thats skybyte

there was a helicopter in rid his name was rotor but he was purple
ironrod prime

Postby starry* *night » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I don't know if it was some non cannon filler-side-story-short-subject thing connected to a RID episode,
because I thought Sky-Bite had a steady role there.

But all I remember really is that the idea of the Shark Transformer -independent treasure hunter guy fascinated me.

I might have turned it on the next day but shut it off just because he wasn't in it,
I'm not sure about that though.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:28 pm

starry* *night wrote:I don't know if it was some non cannon filler-side-story-short-subject thing connected to a RID episode,
because I thought Sky-Bite had a steady role there.

But all I remember really is that the idea of the Shark Transformer -independent treasure hunter guy fascinated me.

I might have turned it on the next day but shut it off just because he wasn't in it,
I'm not sure about that though.
Well, Sky-Byte wasn't a treasure hunter, and did have a prominent role in that series.

I can't recall any TF cartoon character who was both a treasure hunter and turned into a shark.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, Sky-Byte wasn't a treasure hunter, and did have a prominent role in that series.

I can't recall any TF cartoon character who was both a treasure hunter and turned into a shark.

Well, my dear Sabrblade, If you recall in several episodes he kind of acted as a treasure hunter, searching for things in caverns, underwater pyramids, and pyramids inside caverns.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, Sky-Byte wasn't a treasure hunter, and did have a prominent role in that series.

Well, my dear Sabrblade, If you recall in several episodes he kind of acted as a treasure hunter, searching for things in caverns, underwater pyramids, and pyramids inside caverns.
Yeah, but, Starry described this character as being an independent with no allegiance and who attacked an Autobot water base. Did Sky-Byte ever do that? (serious question)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, but, Starry described this character as being an independent with no allegiance and who attacked an Autobot water base. Did Sky-Byte ever do that? (serious question)

The un-alligned thing could've been a mistake
the water base... hmmm Perhaps Starry is reffering to the episode 'The hunt for Black Pyramid' Where Skybyte and Optimus battle on top of the boat the Autobots are using to find the Pyramid
Is this the Episode, Starry?
Wing Saber

Postby starry* *night » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:57 pm

I found it on youtube and I think that must be it.

The more I see the more I think it was what caught my attention
like the picture where he pushes Opt into the water.
That must have been very near the time I came in on the episode.
starry* *night

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 am

starry* *night wrote:I found it on youtube and I think that must be it.

The more I see the more I think it was what caught my attention
like the picture where he pushes Opt into the water.
That must have been very near the time I came in on the episode.

I had attached the video in my post, but it didn't show up for some reason... strange.
Oh well
Though, I'm curious about this "Obsidian"-like character you saw? Maybe this character was in another episode and your mind blended them together? My mind does that sometimes :lol:
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion