Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Unicron.com Exclusive! Grimlock's FoC Voice Revealed!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Unicron.com Exclusive! Grimlock's FoC Voice Revealed!

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Yesterday at Hasbro's Toy Fair event, I had some time to talk with High Moon Studios' Matt Tieger about the up-coming Fall of Cybertron game. He and I got to talking about the voice over for the game, where he assured me that Jazz's voice actor sounds identical to Scatman Crothers, but couldn't tell me who the voice actor was, as he was struggling to remember who specifically voiced him.

But then he dropped the bomb on me. Completely unprovoked, Tieger said these words to me: "We got Gregg Berger as Grimlock."

That's right, Transfans! The original Grimlock is back to claim his crown in this fall's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. There's no bozo in this role, just the king! Now everybody say it with me: "ME GRIMLOCK beast."
TriPredRavage

Re: Unicron.com Exclusive! Grimlock's FoC Voice Revealed!

Postby Agent X » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:56 pm

I hope this will also be true when Grimlock shows up on Prime in the furture
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby StevesCustoms » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:04 pm

That is so cool that they got him for Grimlock. I wonder who's voicing Shockwave?
StevesCustoms

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Ha! Pretty great news, I loved the original performances. 8-)
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:He and I got to talking about the voice over for the game, where he assured me that Jazz's voice actor sounds identical to Scatman Crothers, but couldn't tell me who the voice actor was, as he was struggling to remember who specifically voiced him.
Sounds like Scatman? Cool. Scott Whyte voice Jazz in WFC, so I wonder who it is this time.

TriPredRavage wrote:But then he dropped the bomb on me. Completely unprovoked, Tieger said these words to me: "We got Gregg Berger as Grimlock."

That's right, Transfans! The original Grimlock is back to claim his crown in this fall's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. There's no bozo in this role, just the king! Now everybody say it with me: "ME GRIMLOCK beast."
If not Berger, then I'd have been happy with David Kaye. But Berger is a awesome.

Agent X wrote:I hope this will also be true when Grimlock shows up on Prime in the furture
Seconded!

StevesCustoms wrote:That is so cool that they got him for Grimlock. I wonder who's voicing Shockwave?
Well, Steve Blum voiced him in the first game, so he's a possibility. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm 100% behind the idea to have Greg Burger be the voice of Grimlock. Especially since, War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron is so clearly a part of the G1 continuity. <a-HEM!, a-HEM!!!> :) ... But that said, hearing lovable G1 "Me Grimlock" voice of Greg B, housed in that huge, dark, insanely beast fire breathing T-rex... That voice worked for the cell-animated cartoony G1 series. It'll be interesting to see/hear what it's like for that voice to come out of such a menacing looking CGI form... hmmmmm, now sure that works on all levels, but whatever, bring it ON!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 pm

perceptor wrote:I'm 100% behind the idea to have Greg Burger be the voice of Grimlock. Especially since, War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron is so clearly a part of the G1 continuity. <a-HEM!, a-HEM!!!> :)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:16 pm

perceptor wrote:hmmmmm, now sure that works on all levels, but whatever, bring it ON!

BERGER GRIMLOCK beast. THAT HOW IT WORK ON ALL LEVELS, BOZO.

:lol:
TriPredRavage

Return to Transformers News