Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Hasbro Applies for "Combiners" Trademark

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Hasbro Applies for "Combiners" Trademark

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm

For those who have been wanting more combiners in recent years, you may be in luck. According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Hasbro has recently filed an application for the Trademarking of the term "Combiners". The listed description for the Goods and/or Services category for this Trademark includes "Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms". The rest of it is included below. Could a whole bunch of new combiner teams be on the horizon? Through the Space bridge to see and speculate.

Thank you for your request. Here are the latest results from the TARR web server.

This page was generated by the TARR system on 2012-06-28 23:39:11 ET

Serial Number: 85656272 Assignment Information Trademark Document Retrieval

Registration Number: (NOT AVAILABLE)

Mark

COMBINERS

(words only): COMBINERS

Standard Character claim: Yes

Current Status: New application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 3 months after filing date.

Date of Status: 2012-06-28

Filing Date: 2012-06-20

Transformed into a National Application: No

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Register: Principal

Law Office Assigned: (NOT AVAILABLE)

If you are the applicant or applicant's attorney and have questions about this file, please contact the Trademark Assistance Center at TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov

Current Location: 042 -New Application Processing

Date In Location: 2012-06-28

LAST APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) OF RECORD

1. HASBRO, INC.

Address:
HASBRO, INC.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862
United States
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
State or Country of Incorporation: Rhode Island
Phone Number: 401-727-5530
Fax Number: 401-709-6448

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES

International Class: 028
Class Status: Active
Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms
Basis: 1(b)
First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(NOT AVAILABLE)

MADRID PROTOCOL INFORMATION

(NOT AVAILABLE)

PROSECUTION HISTORY

NOTE: To view any document referenced below, click on the link to "Trademark Document Retrieval" shown near the top of this page.

2012-06-28 - New Application Office Supplied Data Entered In Tram

2012-06-23 - New Application Entered In Tram

ATTORNEY/CORRESPONDENT INFORMATION

Correspondent

PAUL N. VANASSE
HASBRO, INC.
1027 NEWPORT AVE
PAWTUCKET, RI 02861-2500
Phone Number: 401-727-5530
Fax Number: 401-709-6448
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Hasbro Applies for "Combiners" Trademark

Postby perceptor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I love combiners. I hope hasbro makes a lot of them. Hub people at convention panels have said there will be combiners in TF prime. What's taking so long?! Bring them on! Any combiner team would be great. Personally I'd be thrilled to see earth mode Combaticons following the cybertron mode ones of FoC. Swindle was GREAT in TFA. Him and master strategist Onslaught would be welcome personalities in that series. Here's hoping.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 pm

perceptor wrote:Personally I'd be thrilled to see earth mode Combaticons following the cybertron mode ones of FoC.
You're in luck. :D

ImageImage
[/quote]

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 am

well it makes sense bruticus would show up on prime he is in foc afterall
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 am

ironrod prime wrote:well it makes sense bruticus would show up on prime he is in foc afterall
Not certain yet if he'll show up in the show, but he will be in the Asian MMORPG game (set in the same world as Prime). ;)

Same with Defensor.

There's also a WFC Devastator, but he hasn't had any visual design yet. Though, he has been described as being formed six or seven Constructicons, and that there are enough Constructicons to be able to form two of him, with still more Constructicons left over. Implying that there are even more than twelve or fourteen Constructicons in this continuity. 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 am

maybe they're hive minded like the insecticons
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 am

ironrod prime wrote:maybe they're hive minded like the insecticons
I think it's just that the Constructicon caste was just a very large caste, since laborers and construction workers were a big necessity before the war, so there's a lot of individuals. Bulkhead may have even been one before he became a Wrecker. ;)

Back on topic, hopefully any new combiners coming out of this will be handled better than the Power Core Combiners were.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Autobot Jazz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am

I'd like to see more main Autobots in Prime. Technobots would be cool.
Any species that can come up with a sweet ride like this can't be all bad.
Autobot Jazz

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Autobot Jazz wrote:I'd like to see more main Autobots in Prime

I've been saying this since Season 1...
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:23 pm

id like to see some of the more obscure combiners like peranatron or monstructor or maybe dinoking or raiden liokaiser might work
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Transformers News